cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync speed increses and IP profile thru put goes down

g3uiss
Grafter

Sync speed increses and IP profile thru put goes down

Last night I went at last to Fast Path. My Sync speed has increased by 4MB, and I have normal ping 14ms to BBC. My IP Profile reported by BTW test is now 24.2MB (previous 20.1) However my speed test results have gone down from a norm of about 19.5Mb to 18.95. Surely I should see some improvement no a degradation. Upload has increased in line with improved sync rate. I have tried Gateway Hopping. Nothing changed, even a token reboot of the router ?
Tony
9 REPLIES 9
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Sync speed increses and IP profile thru put goes down

What's your Current Line Speed here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed ?
g3uiss
Grafter

24.50 Tony
AndyH
Grafter

Have you tried some other speed testers?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Can you double-check the BT IP profile and the Plusnet Current line speed?
The PN one should always be lower (normally 0.1-0.2 Mb/s lower) than the BT one, in some circumstances having the PN one higher could cause some packet loss.
Also the higher sync with no interleaving may be causing more (CRC) errors (in which case DLM may intervene again and re-apply interleaving).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
g3uiss
Grafter

No the PN is slightly lower also I have had virtually no CRC errors since the DLM intervened this morning at 0350. I have now spoken to support and they seem to think the line might be capped at the Old Sync speed Huh
Also referring to previous post ....yes tried several all very similar
See BTW speed test just taken
Tony
g3uiss
Grafter

I'm sure PlusNet have my profile capped at the old IP profile / sync speed. Hoping one of the Digital Care Team will pick this up for me
Tony
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The latest BT speedtest is showing that your IP profile is 23.87Mbps. The profile on our side (the link AndyH provided) is showing as 20100, I can't see that it's been 24.50 previously.
I've updated the profile on our side to match the BT one now, can you log in to the router and try a single disconnect/reconnect and hopefully you should see an improvement in speed
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
g3uiss
Grafter

Chris
Thanks, speed has come right up now. (The speed I reported was Sync not IP profile, that I got from my line stats). Its now all back to where I was before I got interleaved by the DLM. Its showing exactly what I would expect on your site link.
Will you cancel the "Ticket" or should I just close it ?
Thanks for your help Tony
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Feel free to just close the ticket. Glad to hear this is back to normal.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.