cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync speed halved overnight after modem restart - stabilisation?

timmys
Hooked

Sync speed halved overnight after modem restart - stabilisation?

Yesterday evening I was rearranging stuff and had to restart my modem a couple of times. When it reconnected it was fine, syncing at 56 Mbps as it has done utterly solidly for 7 years.

When I woke up this morning the sync speed was 28 Mbps. I have reconnected a couple more times but it has stuck at this speed all day so far.

Have I just triggered a stabilisation period do you think and it will sort itself out, or do I need to contact Plusnet to get them investigating?

BT wholesale checker indicates 80-60.4 clean or 80-56.1 impacted. Highest observed is 60.98 (dated yesterday)

3 REPLIES 3
timmys
Hooked

Re: Sync speed halved overnight after modem restart - stabilisation?

Now found that I have no dialing tone on the landline phone and handset says "line in use". Odd! Maybe me fiddling with the router was just a coincidence and there is something up with the line.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

If your phone is out, that will affect the broadband. Report a phone fault: start here https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/

Don't worry if the troubleshooter gives an error, it may still have reported a fault. Check your tickets to see.https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

timmys
Hooked

Yep, managed to get a ticket submitted earlier using the broadband troubleshooting tool and the ticket info states they have transferred it over to the phone team.

I suppose I should be grateful the line is still working at all for the broadband. If the connection was completely dead I can't see my wife accepting the explanation that it is a totally coincidental line fault and not me messing round with the modem that has caused the issue!