cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync speed after BT migration

bladerunner
Hooked

Sync speed after BT migration

Just joined Plusnet after migrating from BT, but it looks like I lost 10mbits or so.

BT Wholesale test says my line is set to 66.23mbs and I am synced at 68 (according to my Billion 8800NL) I have always gotten close to 80mbit on the sync previously - what gives?

Many thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Sync speed after BT migration

Changing providers will have caused a DLM reset with the loss of G.Inp and being put on a standard 6dB target noise margin, your speeds should improve over time although how soon that will be is anybody's guess.
bladerunner
Hooked

I thought there was no more training period etc with Fibre products. I have checked the stats and yes I am on the 6db profile with no g.inp, kinda frustrating

bluewhale
Rising Star

@bladerunner theoretically the DLM looks at the data for the day and makes adjustments, although i'm not quite sure how that works with the ( newish ) 3db profile shift

venno666

I've got the same issue, went from BT Fibre option 1 and was connected at the maximum it could which was 55mb switched to plus net fibre Extra and it's 47mb. Was expecting it to go up not down Sad Trying to get hold of support because my minimum guaranteed access line speed is 48Mbps. Is there no longer a way to raise a ticket via the website with plus net ? All I can find it chat which isn't working or calling them

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@bladerunner wrote:

I thought there was no more training period etc with Fibre products. I have checked the stats and yes I am on the 6db profile with no g.inp, kinda frustrating

There Isn't a training period on Fibre, G.INP isn't part of the standard Fibre product it's a separate option that DLM can choose to add for those on a Huawei fibre cab, anyone such as myself that is on a ECI cab don't even have that option at all.

As stated DLM will add it back eventually but as to when is up to DLM to choose, it could be days or it could be weeks sadly your just going to have to wait.

Terranova667
Pro

@bluewhale wrote:

@bladerunner theoretically the DLM looks at the data for the day and makes adjustments, although i'm not quite sure how that works with the ( newish ) 3db profile shift

3db profiles are part of a trial Openreach is running it's not part of the service as a whole and wont be for some time yet, also DLM does not put a line on a 3db profile from the start it monitors the line and if it feels it's stable enough it will drop it down from the standard 6Bd profile to 3db profile if it holds then it will remain if not DLM will increase it back up to 4 or 5db and take another look and so on.

bluewhale
Rising Star

@Terranova667 @bobpullen seems to disagree that it's in trial, saying that it's been rolled out for the standard hardware for some time

at least that was my understanding....[ sound of axe grinding away in the background... ]

Terranova667
Pro

Bob did not disagree he stated it was extended during 2017 which it was, it's still very much in a trial status but more and more joining in to see how things handle.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @bladerunner

I'm sorry to hear your speed has dropped since moving over to us.

Testing your line isn't showing your connection still on the 3db profile.

Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Our tests aren't finding the cause of why your sync speed is only 69mbps, but as it's within your estimates there isn't much we can do to further investigate sadly. I'd run through the troubleshooting here.

@venno666

Our tests are showing your router in sync at 48mbps. As it's below your estimates of 55mbps we can raise a fault to our suppliers to send out an engineer. Can you run through the checks here first?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bladerunner
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf !

So does that mean my Billion is wrong ? I have made changes on the modem side of the SNR, but I guess those changes are not being accepted for fibre products? I will do a resynch this evening to check.