Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync reduced for 2 weeks

FIXED
grahamn
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Sync reduced for 2 weeks

Ok, I think this is one for a PN CS or technical to help me out with, so rather than go through a scripted level 1 support ticket I'm starting here 🙂

So........ two weeks ago I was performing various LAN config changes on my (Draytek 2850) router, each of which rebooted the router to implement the changes (setting up VLAN entries).... however, it seems that all these changes on a single evening have thrown the Plusnet/BT systems into confusion and the DSLAM/"whatever system it is these days", has knocked me back from a nice stable 40mbps sync d/s with 10 u/s back to 34.985 d/s with no sign of improvement and noticeable latency on the connection.

Have done all the usual checks in case something on my wiring has come into play, but even putting the standard plusnet hub onto the master socket gives exactly the same result. I know resetting banded connections is different under fttc but I really need to that 40mbps back and my router even tells me it can see potential for 42mbps + on this connection - so something in the pLusnet/BT systems is artificually throttling.

I'd be very grateful for help/direction as to how I go about getting this resolved, given that leaving it for 2 weeks to "do its own thing" has done nothing.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
grahamn
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Sync reduced for 2 weeks

disegard, cannot delete the post and fault now with technical.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Sync reduced for 2 weeks

Fix

Moderators Note

Post locked.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'