cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Speed vs. Max attainable - Did I break it?

whatkatedoes

Sync Speed vs. Max attainable - Did I break it?

Hi!  Just joined plusnet on a friend's recommendation Smiley

Previously with BT, my sync speed was 55/7, though due to a neighbour's habit of switching their router on and off throughout the day and the associated crosstalk, my speed usually settled on 50, with a max attainable of about 57.

Either by coincidence or by plusnet design, when I switched over, vectoring (crosstalk mitigating tech) was also enabled, which got rid of the problem of my neighbour, and saw my max attainable rise to 67 overnight, and a low of 62-65 during the day.

However, my sync remains mired at 50.4ish, and I'd have expected it to maybe sit at 60?  Now..  I had a problem getting my router connected to plusnet in the first instance due to some config changes, and had to alternate between the plusnet router and my own to make sure everything was good.  I got my router sorted, and its now connected quite happily, but I wonder if the shenanigans have made the DLM kneecap me to 50?

I'm hoping that it only being 7 days since first connected to plusnet, that the DLM will forgive me after a few days and allow a higher resync?

1 REPLY 1
whatkatedoes

Re: Sync Speed vs. Max attainable - Did I break it?

Had a reply on twitter which seems to confirm my thoughts that the DLM will correct itself eventually Smiley