cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Speed decreased by over 50% in last few weeks.

FIXED
booji
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Sync Speed decreased by over 50% in last few weeks.

HI there,

Any chance you can have a look it my connection. Sync speed was over 45Mb but in the last few weeks its gone down to 40, then 30, 27 and now 25. SNR is 12.8 and stays on 12 even after a reboot. It's so low I'm starting to get buffering when using streaming services.

Thanks.

Capture.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: Sync Speed decreased by over 50% in last few weeks.

Hi @booji 

I think you should use the broadband troubleshooter at:

https://faults.plus.net

follow the fault process and depending on the results a fault will be raised with Plusnet.

Regards

Richard

booji
Grafter

Thanks NPN, I've reported my fault using the link. Hopefully will get sorted.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for your post @booji

I'm sorry to see your speed has dropped. Line tests aren't showing the cause for this, but I can see your download speed is artificially restricted by the automated dynamic line management(DLM) software at the cabinet.

I've arranged for your line to be reset now so you should see an improvement within the next 3 working days.

If you're still having issues after then, we may likely need to arrange an engineer visit for further investigation. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
booji
Grafter

I'm pretty convinced it's Rein knocking it down. Somebody's turning something on that's putting interference on the line. can go months if not over a year without anything then bang. Had it with ADSL but VDLS still the same as its probably picking it up from the the wires to cabinet. I remember in the new not it long ago it took BT over 2 years recently to find it was someone's old TV in a village so I'm not holding my hope out that they will ever trace this. 

Looks like the DLM has been reset to back up to 43Mbps sync now. Hopefully it will stay solid for 6 months or more now. Thanks for the reset.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @booji

Looks like @Gandalf has got this sorted for you, tests on the line from my end today show that the speed has shot back up to levels not seen on the line for quite a while. We wouldn't really know whether it's REIN that's effecting your line without raising a fault with our engineers, however an RRT certainly doesn't show any regular drops in speed, something we'd expect to see if the line was affected by REIN. for now, I#d assume that the recent drop in sync speed is due to artificial banding from our suppliers side.

Feel free to let us know if you have any further issues going forward.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
booji
Grafter

Will do, thanks for your help.