Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Error

thetarpey
Grafter

Sync Error

Hi,

Around 1:30AM on Thursday, it appears my router has stopped syncing. The blue light is on, and the router thinks that broadband is connected, but any attempt to access the internet results in an error page from BT Wholesale.

I have made no changes to hardware or wiring, so I have no ideal why the DSL signal seems to have disappeared overnight.

I have performed a hard reset on the router, and verified that my login credentials are alright. I've raised an issue with the faults team, but I really don't have any idea what to expect next, or if there's other stuff I can be trying. Have you ever seen this error before? Is there anything I can do?

Many thanks, 

5 REPLIES 5
thetarpey
Grafter

Re: Sync Error

Update: Just had this response, 

Plusnet: Thank you for contacting us. I can confirm that a potential issue has been detected in your area which I have flagged to our supplier for their attention. As soon as an update is received I will send you a text alert. 

Thank you for your patience in this matter and please accept my apologies for the downtime.

Hopefully an easy fix at the local exchange, it's it's an area wide fix, I'm a bit more hopeful it will get attention.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

From what I can see it was sorted around 12pm?

Let us know if you're still having issues.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
thetarpey
Grafter

Hi Matthew, (love the avatar)

I'm at the office at the moment, but no news from Plusnet yet. 

BT Infinity are reporting a problem at my exchange, and it looks like it's expected to be fixed soon (I hope)

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

From what I can see your online so it should be sorted now

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
thetarpey
Grafter

That's great news, thank you!