cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to fibre

TreeFrogBandit

Switching to fibre

Hi, I've got an order open at the moment, which should upgrade me to fibre. The switchover date was today, and I plugged in my new router when my old isp dropped out (earlier today). It seems to be working (I'm here) but at the same speed as my old connection. Is there an additional step for upgrading the line? If there is, when does it happen? Do I need to be doing anything about it? Sorry if this is a stupid question...
Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Re: Switching to fibre

Hi @TreeFrogBandit,

Not a stupid question at all my friend!

Generally there's a bit of a discrepancy (a few hours or so) from when your old providers line is disconnected and your line is then reconnected with us.

If your services are due to go live today, firstly you should get a text message at some point today saying your home phone services are now ready to use.

Later in the day you should then get another notification that your broadband will go active too.

If we have sent you a new router, keep it unplugged until you know your services are up and running.

At present, it's probably connected to your old ISP's services.

We always advise up until midnight of the live date for everything to go active as there's a few automated systems that need to process.

If you have any problems connecting once you have received your confirmation everything should be active. Get back in touch and we can take a further look for you.