cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to another provider

wickyb
Dabbler

Switching to another provider

How do I find out when my contract with plusnet is up?  I'm going to move to another provider - do I need to give any notice to plusnet to switch assuming I'm out of contract, or should I just do it by applying to the new provider?

I'm not unhappy with the plusnet service - it's just that the renewal I've been sent isn't competitive enough to keep me compared with what new customers are being given 😞

4 REPLIES 4
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Switching to another provider

Hello @wickyb I am sorry to hear you are not pleased with our services and that you are looking to leave and join another provider.

If you are looking to transfer your services across to a new provider, you can just get in touch with them to arrange the transfer. They will process a working line takeover order and transfer your services across, the lead time on these orders is around 10-12 working days.

You do not need to get in touch with us to inform us you are transferring your services across, the new provider will carry out all the necessary administration work.

You should only contact us if you are looking to join Virgin Media, as they operate outside the BT network lines.

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

wickyb
Dabbler

Thank you @Dumbledore 

To clarify - I am more than happy with the service, just not the price hike when new customers get a better deal and other providers can give me better if I switch.

I've got a month before I'm out of contract still so might ring the team to see if there are any better 'offers' than what was emailed to me.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@wickyb 

Plusnet will probably try on a high price in these emails. If you don't want the hassle of moving ISP then follow the advice in this post. Ignore the first sentence as it is not applicable in this case.   https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Thinking-of-Renewing-Account-Options/m-p/1660740#M4...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @wickyb I can arrange a member of our Customer Options Team to contact you to discuss renewal options and see what we can offer Smiley

If you let me know a couple of dates/times you are free for a callback, we will arrange this with the relevant team.

Kind regards.