cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Post Office landline while keeping Plusnet fibre - is it possible?

pnuser1
Hooked

Switching to Post Office landline while keeping Plusnet fibre - is it possible?

I'm on Plusnet's Unlimited Fibre Extra package and have my landline with BT, paid for a year in advance with Line Rental Saver. I'm looking to save money and switch my landline to the Post Office - is it possible to do this while keeping my fibre package with Plusnet? Has anyone managed to do this successfully? I read this topic from 2 years ago which stated that this wasn't possible but wondered if anything had changed in the intervening period.

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Switching to Post Office landline while keeping Plusnet fibre - is it possible?

Hi there,

It's not something we could guarantee would happen without broadband being ceased.

Have you had a look at our line rental saver offering? https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Switching to Post Office landline while keeping Plusnet fibre - is it possible?

I am in the middle of doing the same.  I have double checked with the post office and they have said that if there is already broadband on the line (with Plusnet) and only the line rental and calls are moving to homephone, they will not switch the line to their LLU equipment.

If phone and broadband were both migrating, they would.

My switch is set for 8 Sept.  Fingers crossed.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Adam, I would suggest that the actual cost of LRS would be useful in that link, rather than having to hunt for it.

Is "4" correct? I understand from information given by PN staff on here that any unused portion IS refundable if a customer migrates elsewhere, say, in the event of a price increase or other which is to their disadvantage. Or even just migrating away mid LRS term.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just migrating and it isn't refundable

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@newagetraveller wrote:

Adam, I would suggest that the actual cost of LRS would be useful in that link, rather than having to hunt for it.

If you follow this link instead: www.plus.net/rentalsaver you'll see the cost after you login to the Member Centre.

@newagetraveller wrote:
Is "4" correct? I understand from information given by PN staff on here that any unused portion IS refundable if a customer migrates elsewhere, say, in the event of a price increase or other which is to their disadvantage. Or even just migrating away mid LRS term.

Line rental saver is non refundable if the phone service leaves Plusnet. With the exception of price refresh communications.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Just to let you know my line rental + calls switch from BT to Post Office Homephone went ok and my Plusnet Fibre Broadband is still working.  So yes, it can be done.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Awesomeness Thumbs_Up

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet