Hi to all
how long dose it take to switch?
its taking me a month........
10 REPLIES 10
Cruise85
Grafter

Re: Switching from sky+BT

Hi ecrTech
Sorry to hear of the trouble caused with your order.
It would appear that there has been an issue with the TAGS on the line, which were not removed by SKY. As such this has delayed the provisioning of your fibre services.
I will chase this up for you this afternoon and update you shortly
Regards
Matt
ecrTech
Grafter

Hi 2 all
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
2:58pm, Thursday 23 Oct 2014
I can now confirm that the order has been accepted and the appointment booked for 29/10/2014 between 8AM and 1PM.
Please ensure that you are at the property during this period as the engineer will need access to install the fibre equipment. If the engineer cannot gain access, a missed appointment fee of £50 will be due.
When the engineer completes the work you may not experience fibre speeds straight away. This is because we need to manually adjust your speed profile when the order completes, so the change should be effective within 48 hours. Please be patient with us whilst we do this for you.
This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 29th October at 7:00am.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
[INTERNAL]
Holding for completion. Once order completes, please call customer regarding GWG
[Sms Message: Your fibre appointment has been booked for 29/10/2014 between 8AM and 1PM. Please be available to allow the engineer access to the property. If the appointment is missed there will be a charge of £50 to rebook. If you will not be available then please contact us with at least 2 working days notice on 0800 432 0200.]

Funny thing is
£0.00 for 6 months
dick:csa
ecrTech
Grafter

Undecided
3 Oct 2014 >>>>>> 29 Oct 2014 nothing but I still had my sky broadband,,,,,,,
BUT after PlusNet instillation today @ 09:45 no Internet
worst part is they bucked engineer on 29/10/14 and now saying activation is on 30/10/14
how stupid is this
any one any thing help!!!!!
I need my internet   
ecrTech
Grafter

Smiley
ok got my internet. lets see how it goes
thanks plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry for the downtime there ecrTech.
Hope it goes as expected.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
carlmagic
Grafter

Quote from: ecrTech
Smiley
ok got my internet. lets see how it goes
thanks plusnet

How long did it take to come online? The engineer is coming between 8 and 1 tomorrow for me but it says my broadband will be active before midnight on the 31st 😐 Hoping its near enough instant. Im moving from SKY
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi carlmagic,
The activation of the account once the engineer has completed the physical works is normally quite close. In some instances, the engineer may close down the order a little later which means we don't get the nod from them to activate the account but if you see something like this, you can normally call the support team and ask them to enable the account manually for you just as long as the engineers work has been completed.
carlmagic
Grafter

Thanks for your reply adam it seems to have gone through smoothly. Although i was without phone or broadband from about 2am untill 10 am but after the engineer came the internet worked straight away and the phone worked about an hour later (Something to do with moving cables at the exchange)
Would you mind looking into this for me i recieved this email today:
About your second bill
Because your broadband and phone were activated at different times, we'll give you a discount off your second month's bill.
We'll refund you for the period between your broadband and phone going live. Your second month's invoice will show you details of the refund.

However they where both activated on the same day? My plusnet username is the same as the forums. Thanks Smiley
carlmagic
Grafter

Hate to bump but wondering what this means about the bill.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi carlmagic,
Sorry for any confusion.
This should just mean that the bill is charged normally rather than discounted in the way the email mentions.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team