cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from BT to Plusnet cabinet

swiftz
Hooked

Switching from BT to Plusnet cabinet

I'm moving from BT Unlimited Infinity 1 (up to 52MB) to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra (up to 76MB) but do I keep my current place in the cabinet or do I get moved to a different place in the cabinet or to a different one? As my line with BT has been fine and stable but switching to Plusnet due to better prices.

5 REPLIES 5
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Switching from BT to Plusnet cabinet

To be honest, it's most likely you'll be allocated a different port.  However, this all depends on how the order has been built in the wholesale system (which Plusnet have no control over).

jordanc1230
Rising Star

I believe if it is a migration from BT to plusnet their shouldn't be any port changes at the cabinet, most of the work is normally done at the telephone exchange changing the provider the line is connected to.

swiftz
Hooked

Are all the ports in the cabinet the same as in stable? I joined BT when the cabinet just had fibre installed so I should be at the bottom I believe but after the switch, I should be in the middle/top.

jordanc1230
Rising Star

@swiftz I don't know their shouldn't be any change of ports at the cabinet if you are changing provider port should stay the same. Only change that will occur is at the exchange where the equipment your line is connected to will change to plusnets.

Pyrii
Grafter

Since Plusnet use BT Wholesale (Fibre lines aren't able to be unbundled yet, which is why Plusnet can provide Fibre, anywhere FTTC is enabled). So the handover to Plusnet's network happens over in London I believe?