cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from ADSL to Fibre

jhatchell

Switching from ADSL to Fibre

Hi all,

So, yesterday I made the switch online through Plusnet from a provider that can only be described as utterly useless (I’ll refer to it as TT).

With TT over the past year, we have had numerous drop outs over the past year, leaving us with 0.02mbps speeds for prolonged periods. It was unbelievably frustrating and even BT Openreach, who spent 4-5 hours at our house and the exchange, and couldn’t figure out the problem.

I’m looking forward to being a Plusnet customer. What I do know is that we will need to be switched over the exchange to access fibre speeds. My question is, as BT Openreach have been unreliable here in the past, will they switch us over before activation date? And, do I need to be at home for this?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Switching from ADSL to Fibre

"My question is, as BT Openreach have been unreliable here in the past".

Which doesn't bode well regarding the problems you've had which OR have been unable to solve. Those same problems could well follow you from TT. PN are also a cheap and cheerful provider and appear to be trying to match TT in both price and CS.

Just saying.Smiley

jhatchell

Oh no! The issues have been fixed by Openreach, I was just making the point that TT were completely unreliable in terms of service and customer service, reluctant to do anything to actually help or get an engineer!

The TT service I currently have is fine - some dropouts but for a few months it’s been stable, finally. But as we’re on up to 17mb (5mb real life) ADSL currently, I just wanted to know if this will be a problem when changing over to Fibre 😊
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Welcome to the forum..

Will you be changed to Plusnet fibre on the promised day depends on technician availability, so a bit in the hands of the gods. Do you need to be at home on the day? No, Plusnet will send you a modem/router (theit Hub One) a few days before the switch over day which self configures.

Will your fibre connection work faultlessly? Time will tell!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. Welcome to the community forums.

will they switch us over before activation date?

No, the switchover should happen on the activation date. We'll confirm that shortly.

As you're going from ADSL to Fibre at the cabinet, and there's also likely a change of equipment in the exchange (Depending if your current provider uses BT Wholesale equip or their own), you might experience some downtime on the day.

And, do I need to be at home for this?

The engineer should be able to complete the work externally.

Please let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet