Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching cabinets

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Switching cabinets

We wouldn't be able to place the order, be that via the order system, over the phone with our suppliers or via email to our suppliers.
This conversation is just looping back round to:
Quote from: HarryB
To be fair, AndyH is right.
As Chris has already stated, records for the address show Cabinet 1. If this was just changed off the back of a phone call to Cabinet 10, then that would make current cabling/routing incorrect and cause data integrity issues.
Unfortunately as has been mentioned previously, we won't be able to re-route the line to a different cabinet and won't be able to get a new line installed from a different cabinet, due to the routing details for the address.

Unfortunately there's nothing further I can add at this point, so this is likely to be my last response to this thread.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

So to summarise, your previous manager said this sort of thing isn't possible, and none of you have picked up the phone or echatted to Openreach about what they might or might not be able to do and how much it would cost in this particular case. Thanks for the reply Harry.
@JK
I'd ask the competition what, if anything, they could do.
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Anotherone
If someone doesn't ask questions of OpenReach, then you don't know the answers.
Yes, we do. It's called experience. Openreach do things according to process and procedure. It's a very sensible idea when you're running a large, complex and highly regulated operation like they are. Bespoke work is something they just don't do.
Everyone who has had experience of contact with Openreach knows that. It's a pain but that's the way it is. If what you want isn't on their 'menu' then you can't have it.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

none of you have picked up the phone or echatted to Openreach about what they might or might not be able to do

Just to clarify, I have spoken to our suppliers in the past over the phone and via e-chats.
Quote from: HarryB
where I have had no luck in getting lines moved to different cabinets.

The first few times this happened, I queried this with my manager, who just for the record is one of the most knowledgeable when it comes to prov at Plusnet, who confirmed the responses I had been given over the phone and via e-chat (That we can't arrange this) were correct.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
AndyH
Grafter

In years gone by (and we're talking about pre-Openreach), it was do-able and I had it done personally for my home connection (two lines to two different exchanges).
Modern times, the systems just do not allow it and you cannot override them. It's got nothing to do with talking to a provisioning manager within OR, as he/she will say the same thing. You might be able to escalate it to the very top in OR, but I would be very surprised if they are able to do anything.
@AndyH
As you don't work for Plusnet and you can't look up the data, your remarks are somewhat meaningless.

Getting personal again?  Sad
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@AndyH
Considering many of your previous posts elsewhere on this forum where you have disrupted a thread because you cannot answer for Plusnet because you don't work for them, you always have to try and get back at individuals when challenged, don't you.
Quote from: Andrue
If someone doesn't ask questions of OpenReach, then you don't know the answers.
Yes, we do. It's called experience. Openreach do things according to process and procedure. It's a very sensible idea when you're running a large, complex and highly regulated operation like they are. Bespoke work is something they just don't do.
Everyone who has had experience of contact with Openreach knows that. It's a pain but that's the way it is. If what you want isn't on their 'menu' then you can't have it.

Your contribution was of no help whatsoever. Experience is irrelevant. When a system is defective, it needs changing, and occasionally one has to try banging one's head against the wall. As for Openreach doing things to process and procedure, don't make me laugh. Just look around this forum at all the cock-ups that have been made for a lengthy sustained period now. As for being highly regulated, OFCOM are as useless as a chocolate fireguard.
@HarryB
Thanks again for your reply, it is appreciated, even though it's not what I, but more certainly JK wants to hear. Banging ones head against the wall is necessary from time to time to show how dismal the systems are, if nothing else  Wink
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's Note
This topic has been locked as the OP has an answer to their question.
Also the usual suspects are arguing again.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine