Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Process

AdamW86
Dabbler

Switching Process

Evening Guys,
I've just moved from Sky Broadband to Plusnet Fibre and was given an activation day of the 11th Jan for my phoneline and 18th Jan for my broadband.
I've come home from work to find my phoneline has been switched but I have no broadband at all. It seems Sky have cut off my broadband and line on the same day. It would seem I now have to wait a week for any internet connection at all. Is this normal? This wasn't explained to me at the point of order. I've not had hardly any updates from plusnet since ordering, not had my router either.
Bit confused as to what is going on really. Tried calling but been put on hold for 29mins so far
Any help would've appreciated
Thanks 
5 REPLIES 5
leonaplusnet

Re: Switching Process

This doesn't bode well, I am switching from TalkTalk, and noticed that BB and Phone are switched on different days, bet TalkTalk turn our BB off when the phone is switched, will have to look at an alternative solution for this period then, so much for this being an easy process then. Sad
AdamW86
Dabbler

Well I've managed to speak to someone and it seems I will have no internet for the week now.
Not a great start and wish this was explained to me before ordering, they can't even give me ADSL for now as they would have to cancel the fibre order.
Intermittent 3G on my phone will have to do
Sad
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I can see that the phone order has completed and I've checked that the broadband order is in place for the 18th, the router is on the way too so you should be good to go after the 18th.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AdamW86
Dabbler

Is that standard practice when changing from ADSL to Fibre?
Every other time I have changed broadband provider the line and broadband service are switched the same day, well with a couple of hours downtime. A week seems very long to leave a household with no internet whatsoever.
My main gripe is that I was told my current ISP would run until the broadband is switched, it seems my old ISP have just cut it all off on the line activation date and have not staggered it.
AdamW86
Dabbler

Also why does an engineer need to visit my property?
Plusnet have sent me the router which seems to be the new Fibre Hub One which supposedly doesn't need the BT fitted modem. The router looks just like a rebranded HomeHub 5.
I have an engineer appointment for next Monday but I've got the feeling no one will come and I shall just get a text saying broadband is now activated. Don't really want the day off if no one will show.