cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to firbe but not received new router and speed still same

mjrobson
Hooked

Switched to firbe but not received new router and speed still same

On the 6th of August I upgraded to fibre unlimited extra. I received an email saying that my line would switch over on Friday 12th August, got a confirmation email to say that this had happened on the Friday but I have not reveived the new router and the speed is the same as it was before.

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Switched to firbe but not received new router and speed still same

Hi @mjrobson

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately Plusnet can sometimes send out this email too early and it maybe that you have not been switch to fibre yet.

If I was you I would phone or Chat with Plusnet and get them to confirm your go live date and also when the router is to be sent out.

Contact details are here https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
mjrobson
Hooked

Thanks for the reply.

In my connection settings it details the order process and states that my broadband is ready to use on the new service but states that the order for the new router has not yet been placed.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Spendlesstime is correct.

Your package on our side has changed, but the order for your new service isn't due to complete until the 19th. The router is on the way too.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mjrobson
Hooked

Thanks for the replies, I've been in touch with plusnet via chat and you were right. They have updated me with the correct information regarding dates etc. But thanks anyway guys.

mjrobson
Hooked

My line was supposed to be switched to fibre yesterday in fact around 10am the line went dead for around 45 minutes but today the download line speed is still the same as my old broadband where as the upload speed varies between 3.5 and 20 Mbts depending on which speed checker I use.

mjrobson
Hooked

Just restarted both the router and computer and I'm now getting between 40 and 50 Mbs down and between 13 and 22 Mbs up. I will monitor the speed over the next few days to see if it increases as my line is rated at 63 to 80 Mbs.