Did you mean: 

Switched to fibre but not working

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Switched to fibre but not working

Sorry to hear you're still having problems. Sad

I have contacted our suppliers, and due to resourcing issues they have been unable to fix the system issues around the fault report to progress it to an engineer. We've been given another 48 hours for this to be resolved.

I've also just raised an escalation, we'll let you know the outcome of this later today.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just checking up on this for you.

It looks like your fault was progressed to an engineer today, and it appears your router may be faulty.

Let us know how you get on when the new router arrives.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andrewpurkis201
Grafter

he put his tester on and it was saying the line is working but it wouldnt authenticate

he tried moving the line in the fibre cabinet to another port and it still showed the line was working but still wouldnt authenticate

so he call you and checked UN and PW were ok and still no authenticating

so you said that maybe it was the router?

still really unhappy with this as its been over a week now ive had to use my phone internet and its costing me a fortune 

but just have to wait and see if the hub fixes the problem

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Are you saying that the BT guy called PlusNet and they confirmed your username and password to him? That should not happen for data protection reasons. The fact that PlusNet think that you were connected briefly when first upgraded suggests the router is not faulty, I suspect that there is still some BT problem that has not been fixed yet.

@Gandalf Can you check if any connection attempts have been made on the OP's line?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry that you're still having issues Andrew. Let us know how it goes with the new router when it arrives. -Chris

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
andrewpurkis201
Grafter

the fibre connection has NEVER worked

when i upgraded from adsl they sent me a hub one which i installed and that worked on my adsl connection fine

but when they disconnected my adsl and switched to the fibre cab its stopped working and hasnt since

it just tries to connect PPP but wont authenticte

me and the Openreach chap tried everything and I called PN and we checked the UN/PW was correct

his tester showed my 40/2 connection and he had a old openreach modem box and that got sync at 40/2 

and looking in the plusnet one stats it shows the 40/2 connection

but it has never authenticated

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looking into this further, honestly we don't believe your router is faulty (as you pointed out it was working with your ASDL connection). I think the next step is to arrange another engineer to take another shot at fixing this.

I'm in the process of contacting our suppliers to get the option for another appointment. I'll update your ticket shortly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Has a factory reset of the router been tried?

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your patience @andrewpurkis201

After a very lengthy conversation with our suppliers, they have raised a manual task with Openreach to progress your fault as the report is still stuck within their systems.

We expect an engineer to be working at the exchange as soon as they possibly can, which is tomorrow. We will check back on this for you tomorrow. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andrewpurkis201
Grafter

new router arrived this morning so plugged in and no different 

still no internet

looking at the troubleshooting page it shows sync at 40/2 but it just does the PPP authenticating and nothing

same issue

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Honestly, I didn't think it was a router fault.

After another lengthy conversation with our suppliers, the fault report is stuck in the Openreach systems again and this hasn't progressed to a non appointed task as per my previous conversation with them yesterday.

We're due another update later today to the Escalation I've raised. In the meantime, I've requested this to be escalated to the next level. I appreciate that this isn't really the update you'd want to hear, I'm a bit disappointed myself to be honest.

We'll keep you updated, thanks for your patience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just an update, our suppliers have advised us that your fault report is in hand with their ASG team and it should progress by tomorrow. We'll keep you updated either here or via the ticket on your account.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andrewpurkis201
Grafter

it always seems to be tomorow

i am at a loss now im so angry it just seems to be stuck in a circle with it always being tomorrow

it been nearl 2 weeks and im paying for something ive never had

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I understand and appreciate your frustration.

I'm doing all we can to get this progressed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
andrewpurkis201
Grafter

well its another day and still nothing and no call or anything

so now its the bank holiday so ill be without internet thiss tuesday???

this is completely unacceptable to keep fobbing me off

i mean hold long am i suppsed to wait? 2 week 3? a month?