cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched over - 2 days without broadband, no explanation. 14 days before right to leave ?

mike86

Switched over - 2 days without broadband, no explanation. 14 days before right to leave ?

Hi

I had switched over and Plusnet took over 2 days ago my fibre broadband.

1. How to claim the compensation from Plusnet for the delay with repair

2. Is 14 days right to leave is automatic and I don't have to do anything (beside counting days from a day the fault was reported and then after 14 days inform Plusnet that I will be practising my 14 days to leave the Plusnet and switch to other provider)

Unfortunately there is underlying issue caused by BT Openreach engineer (he "repaired" faulty line over a week ago and since then couldn't connect to the broadband, the broadband seems to be on a line as all routers were showing line speeds etc.).

I have made aware Plusnet straight aware that they have to send BT Openreach engineer to rectify the problem 2 days ago, I have chat Yesterday and it turned out that they are not even working on the issue (I've heard that 3-5 days to INVESTIGATE) and simply I've lost a day before as Plusnet never start investigation prior to my Yesterday's chat.

I won't stay with a provider that spend 5 days on an investigation of an issue that can be most likely solved only by BT Openreach. Currently my business is loosing money (AdWords promo that is active for 31 days, and cannot run without broadband), but I guess I won't be able to sue as this is not a business line (which I already ordered, with different provider, and should get next week).

I am extremely dissapointed as I wasn't able to reach customer service by a phone, and chat customer service is useless (they've updated the message on my ticket with same info to restart router/re-enter credentials).

BTW

The BT openreach "engineer" said that there was some short circuit, and probably changed the port (was calling to some number and giving out a lot of numbers/letters which he partially forgot at the time (wasn't sure of them)).

BT Openreach never came back and never rectified the problem nor never checked if the line is working as intended (he was mentioning that broadband had to be activated and was waiting for it like an hour)

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Switched over - 2 days without broadband, no explanation. 14 days before right to leave ?

I fear that you need to check your contract small print again. You might find that the 14 days cancellation period starts the day you order the service, not the day it was supposed to go live. Your billing will not start until the day the service is actually activated.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mike86

Re: Switched over - 2 days without broadband, no explanation. 14 days before right to leave ?

Not talking about tthat. Talking about regulations and right to leave if provider is not able to provide minimum guaranteed speed. T&C has nothing to do with it.

Along with this in few months OFCOM rolls out automatic compensation(£8 per day of not repairing broadband over 2 days).
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Ah so there are statutory regulations that state that you can leave without penalty if a broadband service does not go live at the guaranteed minimum speed within 14 days of the promised 'go live' date? That's very interesting, can you provide a link to your source please as it could be useful to others.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mike86

Why would you think that any part of a contract could do whatever they like without breaching of contract ?

Of course that you can always leave i.e. speed below minimum speed. Broadband was activated as router has link speeds, just dosn't work so you can leave in many ways after sufficient time for rectification of an issue (2 weeks).

They might agree or disagree, but there is number of ways.

If company even doesn't care about charging clients for something that they do not provide then it is completely different matter.

Just hoped for some input from plusnet employee.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hello Mike, 

I'm sorry first of all to see that an issue has occurred at such an early stage of the service with us. I can see that we are handling this within the time-frame we would set as an expectation which begins from when a fault is first reported to us. 

We're disappointed to to see that the installation engineer picked up on the fault but wasn't able to get that resolved at that stage for us and that we're not dealing with this via the faults process rather than as a provisioning issue. 

So we can move the issue towards resolution as quickly as possible I've just responded myself to the fault ticket on your account. Here's a direct link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=178463358

Please reply back here when you've responded so that I can follow things up with you. 

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team