cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from Sky, now frequent disconnects

timjenner
Grafter

Re: Switched from Sky, now frequent disconnects

Totally agree, @DS - this shouldn't be "self service"! I'd like PlusNet to do something about the kind of experience people are having - buying a different router just to make the service work is not an answer!
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Switched from Sky, now frequent disconnects

I know Plusnet have to follow their 'correct' procedures, but clearly those of us that were having issues, that then move to the hub 6, for these issues to 'go away', this surely means the HH5 and the PNH1 are at fault. This 'fault' could also be down to the equipment Openreach are using in the cabinets and I'm aware some cabinets are having some of their components replaced for another manufacturer. Openreach high level complaints nor the Openreach engineers wanted to go into any detail, other than they are actively swapping equipment over - my guess now is ECI are being swapped for Huawei.

I know a member of Plusnet staff is aware that my connection is not dropping now and that the H6 connects at a faster speed to the Plusnet network, they've posted that they asked the questions on another thread, but to date no answers have been provided.

Somebody at Plusnet really needs to pass this on to their relevant team to try and find out why the modem in the hub one is so sensitive/problematic. I'm aware some H1's do not drop too, but I don't know if these lucky customers are on a ECI or Huawei cabinets.

(Yes ignoring the software that is affecting small numbers, it must be the modem that's dropping the connection)

And other users out there that use the Openreach modem with the HH5 or the H1 also see the drops reduce or indeed stop altogether.

Plusnet have stated they're honest and transparent, so why Plusnet, why?

(and I'm blown away to the fact I raised the software issue around the middle of last month (when my first H1 was upgraded) and still no answers are forthcoming)