cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched Level of Service

Rascal1960

Switched Level of Service

Hi all

I joined PlusNet had terrific service first 8 weeks on Unlimited Fibre had stable fast service at 37.5mbps average which is better than the minimum 34mbps promised.

Decided as broadband was stable and fast to upgrade to Fibre Extra, service speeds dropped to 31mbps or less. PlusNet investigated and agreed to revert me to Unlimited Fibre.

Switched back on 1st January and best we can get is now 21mbps, BT openreach say line is clear and capable of in excess of 40mbps.

They suggest line may be held back by software or line profile not correct ?

How or why would this be ?

3 REPLIES 3
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Switched Level of Service

Hello @Rascal1960

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your speed, after we have changed your package to the the unlimited fibre again. I can see it has been raised to our faults team and I have responded on that ticket. Please click here for an update.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Rascal1960

Engineer visited Monday 

Still no fix, no update from Plusnet, I’m having to chase to find out what’s happening, where the fault is BTOpen Reach or Plusnet its no wonder this sort of note is in daily press !

“BROADBAND Speeds in the UK are falling well behind other European countries and a new report suggests that British consumers are being “deceived” over the quality of the broadband they're being sold and advertised.
Is your broadband speed slow at home? Have you been frustrated by your broadband provider and the quality you receive at home? Well, you're probably not the only one in the UK.
Earlier this week Greg Mesch, chief executive of Cityfibre - the country’s biggest independent internet supplier behind only BT and Virgin Media - claimed that British consumers are being “deceived” over the speed and quality they are receiving.
Equally, the new report in The Times pinpoints that this is in part because the industry is exploiting "the weakest advertising standards in Europe."
“The Advertising Standards Authority still allows broadband delivered via copper wires to be described as ‘fibre broadband’,” Mr Mesch said.
“That has to change. We don’t know of any other country where that is allowed.”
For those that don't understand, the majority of Internet services to UK homes are reliant on copper wires connected to the homes nearest telecom cabinet.
However, there's a limit to how much data these copper wires - mostly installed decades ago by BT - can transfer, especially in comparison to newer, modern day fibre optic cables and other alternatives.
This, the Times claim are the biggest obstacles to customers having better quality connections. Not to mention the fact that copper networks are more energy intensive and are prone to failure, especially in wet weather.”

Please can someone update me with what’s going on !

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Rascal1960

Thanks for your time on the phone today, in regards to your fault. I have booked an appointment for you and I have provided an update on your account here. I will contact you after the appointment to discuss your fault further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team