Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to fibre 'complete' - no increase in speed

FIXED
tangodelta
Hooked

Switch to fibre 'complete' - no increase in speed

I have recently had major problems with my Plusnet broadband (extremely slow, regular drop outs, etc.) after a few weeks and numerous phone calls, I spoke to a representative who said moving to fibre would address my problems and give me a speed of 32Mbps - 40Mbps.

I received a new router very promptly and that has addressed the drop outs, however the speed remains unchanged at less than 3.5Mbps.  

I was told the speed would fluctuate for the first five days but everything should be working by 07/09/2016.  I've received an email stating the work to move me to fibre broadband is complete.

Can someone please tell me when I can expect to see an improvement in my broadband speed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tony

9 REPLIES 9
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Switch to fibre 'complete' - no increase in speed

I would hope one the Staff here will pick this up and check you on correct profile Wink

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
tangodelta
Hooked

Fingers crossed.  I really didn't want to make the switch to fibre before I'd got my existing broadband problem resolved, but I felt like I was getting nowhere.

Forgot to mention - I have restarted my router, but that hasn't made any difference.

tangodelta
Hooked

Sorry, I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure how this works. Is it just the luck of the draw as to whether Plusnet staff offer any advice/assistance on here?

I was trying this route as I'd seen some helpful posts from Plusnet staff on other forum posts and I've been getting somewhat frustrated with the lack of support I've been getting when telephoning Plusnet, so though I'd try an alternative method.

Thanks.

arktos
Rising Star

Tangodelta - Did the email from Plusnet regarding your upgrade say "Your broadband product change is now complete"? You would be forgiven for thinking that this means that your new service is operative. It might not be, and you could still be on ADSL. My experience in this regard is described here, in paragraph 6. https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Plusnet-customer-service-gets-no-better/td-p/1366277

mikewalsh
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Plusnet staff aren't very active at weekends and I guess they were busy dealing with the outage Thursday & Friday but you may well get a response on Monday morning

Regards Mike

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

TBH i cannot understand why the OP has had no reply from PN in 5 days Sad  

even though they may be busy with another outage , it still bad support

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
mikewalsh
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Has anyone from PN had a look at this ?Huh

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

Hi @tangodelta Welcome to the community forums.

Apologies for the delayed response here.

I see you've since called us and we've explained that the fibre order is due to complete today at some point.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tangodelta
Hooked

Thank you to everyone who responded.  My move to fibre is now complete.  Jumping from less than 3.5Mbps with frequent drop outs, to reliable 30+Mbps is a real improvement.

Thanks again for you comments and help.

I would like to echo the sentiment of others here who say the 'completed' email is misleading. When I called and was told that BT would be completing the work on 13/09/16, that only left me two days of my fourteen day cooling off period - thankfully that period wasn't required.

Best regards.