Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch over to fibre - router still not dispatched

kkaren
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Switch over to fibre - router still not dispatched

Hi
We took the step to switch over our broadband to fibre last Sunday and received an email saying that it would all be sorted, including the new router being delivered by 16/03. However logging in I still get told that the router has not yet been purchased or sent. Everything else has switched over and we have been without Wi-Fi all week and are getting worried that the router won't arrive. Please can you help? Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Switch over to fibre - router still not dispatched

Hi @kkaren

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've placed a manual order for the router and it will be with you before your fibre goes live on 26/3/18.

Your current broadband issues are unrelated to the fibre switch - your connection is showing that your current router has the wrong password set so it's failing the authentication which is required for you to get online.

Could you confirm what model of router you're using at the moment?

Thanks,

Dave

kkaren
Dabbler

Thank you for getting back to me Dave.
That seems strange about the router
password...the model we current have is TPLINK TD-W8970
how do I fix the problem with the Internet?

Many thanks
Karen
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @kkaren

The router would have gone out in due course, all I did was just give it a nudge so it went out a bit earlier Wink

In terms of your current router, you'd need to find the IP address (which usually looks like 192.x.x.x) that allows you to access the router's internal settings. Once you've done this, you'll find a section which allows you to edit the username and password that connects you to the internet. You need to change this so that it has the correct details (your account details).

Remember, your username is always followed by the @plusdsl.net suffix. For example Dave@plusdsl.net and your password is case sensitive.

Hope this helps,

Best Wishes,

Dave

kkaren
Dabbler

I have done as you said and we now have internet, thank you so much!

Would it be possible for you to answer something else for me about my internet connection? One of the reasons we decided to take the step to move to fibre (which I understand will now happen on 26th, thank you for confirming that), is that we were getting incredibly slow connection. Since accessing the internet this afternoon, I have checked our speed as it felt very slow...The test showed a PING of 177ms, Download speed 0.29 Mbps (!) and Upload 0.41 Mbps.

Do you know why my download is so incredibly low?
It is almost painful to use at times!

Thanks again

Karen

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Karen - that's great news.

Some of the settings on your line were slowing the broadband down. I've now amended these and you should see an increase in speed over the next few days.

If there's anything else you need, just let me know.

Best Wishes,

Dave

kkaren
Dabbler

So today was our switch over day...I received confirmation of this by email however upon trying to connect our new Hub ONE router, we are again unable to access the internet. This time the hub won't even turn on/there is no blue light when turned 'on'. I have tried plugging it in numerous times and have made sure all the leads are in the correct places (and that I have pressed the on switch) however nothing has happened...is my router faulty? Please help!

Many thanks,

Karen