cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch over to Fibre Extra

SySimple
Dabbler

Switch over to Fibre Extra

Re negotiated my contract via web chat last night and have evidently switched from standard fibre to fibre extra. I was informed by the operator that the speed upgrade would take effect within the hour. 12 hours later, speed still the same. Any advice/experience of how/when/who etc this may happen and how should I escalate this matter? Keen to get this picked up quickly and within my 14 day cooling off period as it it doesn't work, I'm outta here with the contract. my help appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Switch over to Fibre Extra

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @SySimple

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry that you aren't benefiting from increased speeds yet. When upgrading the speed of your fibre connection this can be extremely quick but we should be advising you of the outside windows to set expectation.

Your package upgrade took place on Friday evening and in this case you would not receive any speed increases immediately. I have placed the order in our supplier systems and have sent you a ticket on your account advising further information which you can view here

If you need any further assistance feel free to get in touch.

SySimple
Dabbler

Hi Warwick,

Thanks for your comment. 2 weeks down the line and no change. Can you advise:

How to get this fault escalated
As the service I am paying for isn't being provided, how do I get a reduction/money back on my monthly line cost?

I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Thanks,

Simon
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Have you tried restarting your router by switching it off for 10 minutes or so? Do this only once a day maximum so that the DLM doesn't get upset.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Apologies for the issues you're experiencing with your speeds.

It looks like we've requested DLM to be reset remotely. Due to this process of remote DLM resets being a trial, we'd need to allow a few working days for this to be passed on to the relevant team within Openreach and actioned.

If your speeds remain restricted by DLM then the next step is to arrange an engineer visit to request the reset from their side. Once the fault is resolved, we'll work out a pro-rata credit based on your subscription fees.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet