cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from TT, no update in over a month?

alexb99
Hooked

Switch from TT, no update in over a month?

Hi, I started the switch process from TalkTalk on 31/01.
The tracker shows my phone line has been moved over, but the Broadband status has been saying:
We've got everything we need to place your broadband order. We'll process this shortly.
,,,for four and a half weeks. Can I get an update on when this switch will happen please?
Thank you.
11 REPLIES 11
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Switch from TT, no update in over a month?

I'm really sorry, but your orders haven't been placed Embarrassed I'm not sure why the tracker is showing that you're phone line has moved over, because it hasn't.
I'll get the orders placed straight away for you and provide an update on the account.
Thanks for your patience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

This again? shocking Plusnet, shocking...
mav:quote
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately automated systems can sometimes miss an order. I agree it's not ideal, however it is an extremely low percentage considering the vast amount of orders that do go through the systems without any problems at all.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
alexb99
Hooked

Thank you Harry.
Now the Order Tracker page says:
You don't have an order in progress
Is that expected? It feels a bit like a step backwards...
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. This could be because Harry would have placed the orders manually with our suppliers, and our accounts system (which pushes information to the order tracker) has not updated. I'd recommend checking for any open tickets on the Member Centre that could shed some light as to when your order will complete.
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
alexb99
Hooked

Hello again Plusnet support folks,
Talktalk have told me my service is moving over to my new supplier, i.e. you, on Thursday 17the March.
I do not yet have a router, and the Member Centre does not give any details of when you're going to be doing anything.
Am I going to be without internet access from Thursday, or will my existing service carry on until you take over? Either way, after such a long delay in getting the process started and now a complete lack of communication on progress or timescales, you're making a very poor first impression. One of my reasons for leaving TT was their shoddy service, but you're starting to make them look like considerate professionals...
Please give me an update on what is going to happen with my existing broadband service, and with the new one hopefully to be provided by yourselves, ASAP.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there. I've looked into your account and I can see that the orders that my colleague placed for you have been rejected by our suppliers, unfortunately. I've raised a ticket to our supplier team now to contact our suppliers in order to determine what went wrong and how it should be resolved. I am really sorry for these ongoing problems. We'll update you within the next 48 hours.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
alexb99
Hooked

Hello again,
Well, it's been just over 48 hours and no more info has been supplied. What is happening please?
alexb99
Hooked

Hello Plusnet,
You kindly updated my question yesterday, saying that my phone order "had been rejected" and so my broadband order "would have to be cancelled" and so my orders would be resubmitted. Based on what you said, I expected some update on this some time today, but I'm not surprised that I've heard nothing. Your modus operandi seems to be to wait until I ask what's going on, and then provide a generic "something's gone wrong, we'll get back to you" response.
As you will be aware I submitted my original order at the end of Jan. It's now mid March. Can you confirm what my cancellation rights are? I have read I have 14 days to cancel after placing the initial order, but given that you've not managed to provide a service after seven weeks, let alone provide any progress updates without me publicly hounding you, I assume I have some right to cancel and save us all a lot of heartache. Please confirm what my rights are at this point. This is not a request to cancel, just a request for you to explain what my options are based on your extreme inaction.
Yours etc.
alexb99
Hooked

Hello PlusNet,

My phone was activated yesterday, on schedule. However, I was surprised to get a call from an OpenReach engineer saying he'd be at my property in 10 minutes. Given that I was at work, and I knew nothing about this "planned" visit, he was not able to access my property. 

When you told me on 21 March that my phone / broadband order was in motion, you said the broadband would be activated within 48 hours of the phone. I've not had any communications from you or OpenReach since. Can I please be contacted in my mobile number to arrange an OpenReach visit at a time that actually suits me? I am not always able to answer my phone at work so please leave a message including a direct dial number where I can discuss this with a human if you can't get through.

As you'll notice, it's taken 10 weeks, that's seventy days, for you to get to this point in my order. I'd really appreciate someone putting in some effort to sort this out. 

Thank you.
alexb99
Hooked

Not to worry Plusnet bods, I've had an online chat with one of your colleagues. They kindly waived the fifty pound missed appointment fee, as they agreed it's not an appointment if you don't tell me about it. New connection date in the web chat was agreed as 20th. A few minutes later, I get a text saying 22nd. Either way, that's two weeks from now. I can't find words to express my disappointment and exasperation.

You've clearly got some good and helpful people working with some extremely poor systems. 

I look forward to the actual date (who knows, it might change again) being confirmed next week, and two weeks of sporadic internet on my phone. And I look forward to you "doing me proud", but franking you're going to have to try a bit harder if we're ever going to get to that point.