cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from BT

tyland
Dabbler

Re: Switch from BT

@Gandalf Fibre is now available but I am unable to order for two reasons. 

Firstly my account erroneously indicates that I have already been on fibre since 13th whereas I have of course been on copper broadband since yesterday, 24th.

Secondly it appears that I am to be charged £15.99 per month for fibre instead of the £5 that I contracted for. Surely after all the chaos of the switch, Plusnet are not intending to make me suffer financially as well. I am quite understandably frightened by the thought of another switch so can you please get it ordered for me at my original quoted price?

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @tyland

I am deeply sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing.

Just to make sure the information we are providing you is correct and consistent. I am consulting with one of my colleagues, in regards to your query.

We will be in touch with you soon, to continue to assist you with this matter.

We appreciate your continued patience.

Many thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@tyland wrote:

as I feared it is going wrong again. Just got an email saying my FIBRE is ready to use. PLEASE HELP

You'd have received that email, because your account was created on a fibre offer. I planned to do an instant account change to standard broadband on the offer we've agreed on once your account went live.

However, as you've pointed out here:

Fibre is now available but I am unable to order for two reasons. 

Firstly my account erroneously indicates that I have already been on fibre since 13th whereas I have of course been on copper broadband since yesterday, 24th.

...fibre is available now, so I've left your account as it is and I've placed an order to modify your service to fibre. This should take 5 working days with the potential of being delayed depending on engineer availability, but as before I'll ask our suppliers to provide an expedited completion date due to the issues you've had.

Secondly it appears that I am to be charged £15.99 per month for fibre instead of the £5 that I contracted for. Surely after all the chaos of the switch, Plusnet are not intending to make me suffer financially as well. I am quite understandably frightened by the thought of another switch so can you please get it ordered for me at my original quoted price?

Do you mind me asking where you're seeing you'll be charged £15.99 per month? It's possible that any price you're seeing on the member centre isn't reflecting the active discounts you have on your account.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tyland
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply; I don't want to tempt fate but think I can discern a little light at the end of the tunnel!!

In my account, the only way I could see to check my broadband was to click on "upgrade" where it offered me the option to "keep this product (fibre)" and clearly stated £15.99. I looked on "Billing" to see if any discounts but that only covered the phone.From what you say, I assume that the correct price won't actually be visible until a bill is produced.

Hope you enjoyed your shortened Christmas break.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I don't want to tempt fate but think I can discern a little light at the end of the tunnel!!

Fingers crossed, I'll update you on the 28/12/2018 regarding the completion date for fibre.

In my account, the only way I could see to check my broadband was to click on "upgrade" where it offered me the option to "keep this product (fibre)" and clearly stated £15.99. I looked on "Billing" to see if any discounts but that only covered the phone.From what you say, I assume that the correct price won't actually be visible until a bill is produced.

While generally any active discounts don't normally reflect on your account that you'd see, from what I can see it doesn't look like the broadband component is built in the billing engine yet, but there's actions happening on the back-end systems.

We'll see where we stand when your invoice comes around.

Hope you enjoyed your shortened Christmas break.

It was good thanks, I went back to see my family for a few days and drove back up to Sheffield this morning.

Hope you had a good Christmas yesterday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tyland
Dabbler

At the beginning, when I eventually got through to "chat", all they could do was give me a telephone number to phone and say my telephone wasn't working; not very reassuring. When I used the "support" telephone number I got a recorded message saying my broadband was not connected and the call was then ended. It is very very wrong that the only real help that I could get was via a public forum. That said, I really am most grateful for all the work you have put in on this mess.

The dslchecker site says that there is an open order on my number to be completed by 31st so it seems that all your efforts might have paid off. Happy New Year!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @tyland

I'm sorry again for the issues you've had with your order and for the lack of support you've been provided on this occasion via live chat/telephone.

It's definitely not the level of service I'd have expected as this could've been resolved through any support channel we offer (Many of us staffers on here used to take calls before we moved to the social media/community forum team).

I am glad to see the committed date on the order successfully changed from the 04/01/2019 to the 31/12/2018. Hopefully this will all be resolved this year and the new year will bring a new beginning with us.

I'm in new year's eve so I'll check back then for you.

P.S. Happy New Year!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like this may be resolved before the new year.

I can confirm your fibre order has completed and your speeds should be around 17.1mbps. I've added a reply to your support ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=185482793 with an offer for a gesture of goodwill.

If you're happy to accept this please let me know by replying to that ticket.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet