Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from BT

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Switch from BT

Unfortunately it looks like there will be some downtime as your service with your current provider has been disconnected from what you've said above, which are likely related to the issues with the order.

Please rest assured I'll be doing everything we can to get you up and running as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

OK so the renumber order is completed. I've checked the records of your line and it advises "FTTC is already enabled on this line" with no service provider listed, so it's obvious that this hasn't updated yet.

Since our suppliers ordering system checks this record as we place a broadband order, if I try to place a broadband order now it'll proceed as a migration order, then it'll likely ultimately fail because your fibre service doesn't appear to be live. 

I've raised a records query with our suppliers to investigate this. We should have an update within 1 working day which would either advise the records are fixed, or it'll be passed to a separate team and a new timescale given.

I'm in the office Sunday so I'll check back then though we may need to wait until the next working day 17/12/2018.

Once we're able to place the fibre order and it's confirmed within the Openreach systems, I'll ask our suppliers to expedite it for the soonest possible completion date.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your patience.

I've checked this for you and I can see that our suppliers have left the followed notes on the query I've raised:

We have raised a tags resolution with openreach to clear the marker on the line. Please check the systems on 19/12/2018 for further updates. 

The date provided is just an estimate, so I'll check every day for an update.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Me again. Line records are now showing that broadband is not already on the line, so I've got your fibre order in place. Once it is confirmed in the suppliers systems, I'll be requesting the order is fast tracked for the soonest completion date possible.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tyland
Dabbler

I am grateful that I finally managed to find someone at Plusnet to try and help but hold out little hope for a speedy conclusion.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately it looks like things have taken a turn for the worst.

I've checked your fibre order and unfortunately your order has gone to a waiting list. This means that there is currently no capacity at the cabinet to reprovide you with a fibre connection.

The options are:

1. Cancel your account and receive a full refund of any money paid.

2. We can provide you with standard broadband, but we'd need to wait until the fibre order I've placed is cancelled which should happen within 24 hours of being initiated. Once that's done I'll place the broadband order and get that fast tracked for the soonest completion.

3. We can wait it out leaving your fibre order in place with our suppliers and it should complete once capacity is available.

I do sincerely apologise for the continued issues.

If you can update your ticket with how you'd want to proceed I'll get it arranged for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tyland
Dabbler

Speechless does not do justice to my feelings. I do not know what to do. Can i take the ordinary broadband but on a month's rolling contract as from past experience it is virtually unuseable in this location.

Plusnet have ruined my broadband and tv viewing, surely there is something positive you can do

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm afraid there's very little we can do regarding a capacity issue. The fibre order that's currently in progress will complete as capacity becomes available which may be from one or more of the following:

• A fibre service connected to the same cabinet(the green box in the road) belonging to someone else is ceased.
  • A new fibre cabinet is built.
  • The existing fibre cabinet is expanded.

Capacity issues are generally resolved within 90 days, but I've seen them resolved in as little as 1 day though I can't give a definitive timeframe as we can't foresee when someone will for example move out of their house and not want their fibre service anymore.

I tried to call you just now to discuss this but it looks like you may have been busy. Is there a good time today?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tyland
Dabbler

Home for rest of day

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks again for your time on the phone.

I do sincerely apologise once more for the issues, which has led to your fibre service being ceased with your existing provider, and being unable to reprovide it due to no capacity at the cabinet.

As discussed, I'm cancelling the fibre order, which should complete within 24 hours, but hopefully sooner. Once that's done, I'll place an order for standard broadband and ask our suppliers to expedite it for the soonest completion date.

I've emailed you with more account specific information and sent you a text message too with an update.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tyland
Dabbler

@Gandalf It continues. Home phone not ringing and when I dial out it is from a completely new number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've checked this for you and we're definitely still providing your number ending in 315 on your line. I've tested your line and we're picking up on a physical fault, which it's likely going to be some form of crossed line based on what you've said.

I've reported this through to our suppliers and we've been given an estimated response time of by 21/12/18 23:59:59 for an engineer to go out and investigate further. An engineer should be out anytime before then.

Apologies for the continued troubles.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tyland
Dabbler

@Gandalf as I feared it is going wrong again. Just got an email saying my FIBRE is ready to use. PLEASE HELP

tyland
Dabbler

Can anyone please sort this mess? Do I plug in router or is everything still in a mess?

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @tyland,

I have updated you via a ticket on your account. You can check this here

Please get in touch if you have any further queries.

Thank you,

Aisha