Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from BT

willywonker

Switch from BT

Hi,
Thought I would share my experience,
Told my switch from BT would be 14th, billing started on the 6th! Waited 45 minutes on phone to ask why. Told it would be refunded. Ticket received yesterday saying it won't be refunded and until next bill.
When ordering I requested the line be reset and a new modem be provided. In my confirmation letter it said an engineer will call and I have to wait until Plusnet text me before plunging router in.
Took a day off work, waited in all day, no engineer, no text. Got fed up and plunged router in, bang internet, no new router and the thing that's cheesed me off the most, no line reset!  Really? Was it that hard to flick a switch.....given the engineer was there and was instructed to!!!!!!!
The reaon for reset was the modern was playing up and rebooted a lot which dropped my line down from 69 to 52 Angry
Left a sour taste if I'm honest
4 REPLIES 4
willywonker

Re: Switch from BT

Sorry admin Ifear iImay of posted in wrong section  Roll_eyes
willywonker

Anyone interested in a replacement modem/router (one box solution) , I can't recommend the billion 8000 enough. The line synch higher than the BT modem (55 to 52) and has my obtainable speed at 69,  which is what my line used to synch at Roll_eyes  hence request for reset!
willywonker

Admin please close as posted in correct section now.
I apologize Embarrassed
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

locked as requested