cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprise Surprise my speed goes down again,dont turn it down again plusnet.NOW GETTING 5.91

wrexham01
Dabbler

Surprise Surprise my speed goes down again,dont turn it down again plusnet.NOW GETTING 5.91

Well what can i say 10 months ago when my fibre price was put up my speed should have hit 56 but went down to 21,i complain then i am told to check out many thinks but then suddenly the speed hits 56,three months later it happens again i am told the same two days later i am back to 56,so whats happening now plusnet i am down to 5.93 i suppose you have turned it down again.I think you are now in breach of our contract.

8 REPLIES 8
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Surprise Surprise my speed goes down again,dont turn it down again plusnet.NOW GETTING 5.91

So it went 56 to 21 twice, now it's gone 56 to 6?

Doesn't sound like the same issue or it would have gone to 21?

Best thing to try first is the btw Speedtest, make sure you go through first 2 tests then test 3 makes you log into a btw router and tests speed.

If this is also 5 it's a line fault as that test completely bypasses plusnet and and throttling they can do to you.

If that is 56 then it's likely a plusnet problem

If you want to band around stuff like on are in breach of contract then send them a complaint with it in - you may well be right - lots of people here will try and help /advise/fix things but tend to ignore posts that are rants / threats etc as don't feel as inclined to help people that don't seem to want help but just want to make a statement.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Surprise Surprise my speed goes down again,dont turn it down again plusnet.NOW GETTING 5.91

Sorry that you're having issues with your speeds.

Your line appears very stable:

And it's connected at 54.9Mb/s

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 54.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 468.0
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-55M Downstream 6dB, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Can you run a BT Speedtest for me, ensuring you do the further diagnostics test after the first one completes. This stores the results on the supplier system and allows us to use this to report the fault.

Once you've done that, please report the issue to us at https://faults.plus.net and we'll get this looked in to in more detail.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
wrexham01
Dabbler

I think it is a rant for i no the line will do 56,but when this problem has happened i am told to check all my devices etc and then 24 hrs later it is back to the speed it should be,before the price hike i was paying and getting 36 then suddenly my price goes up and i was struggling to get 21.I have done a few speed checks recently as i said most were coming back at 5 and late last night and this morning it is back to 56.Just very frustrated for most people never do speed checks and if they did and the speed was not what it should be they would still ignore it,you pay for a service you should get what they say all the time.

wrexham01
Dabbler

Just did a speed check on my usual checker 5.25 did it on the plusnet speed checker 4.84 as it was 54 this morning.why is this happening again.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

How are you checking, wired or WiFi? Which sites do you use? What else is using your internet when you check?

Unless you test from a device that is fast enough to cope, on a wired connection, with everything else turned off your posts are unlikely to get much helpful advice.

wrexham01
Dabbler

At the end of the day when you can get 54 at certain times and 5 at others then what is going on,what i am saying is i have been through this three times before but when plusnet look in to it they say there is nothing wrong but suddenly the problem goes away and comes back three months later.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Just trying to help - from the tests that Chris did, your line looks fine. Alas you are not helping yourself as you are not saying how you are testing, showing any results, or showing anything that could help people help you.

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

so now its going slow go to http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and do all 3 tests and pst the results please.