cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surely I should be on the "Extra" product

Essexlad
Dabbler

Surely I should be on the "Extra" product

After just having read a post from another member on here, I think I should be on the 76Mb rather than than the 38Mb product for exactly the same reason as the other poster stated which is:
When I upgraded from aDSL to FTTC (04/2014) my tariff was in fact a 76Mbps unlimited one, it was just under the old name of "Unlimited Fibre (Market 1) - bottom of the list here: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5630-plusnet-in-push-to-join-the-six-providers.html at £26.99/month.
To quote from the other thread:
Quote from: mefibre
So fast forward to 2015... I'm pretty certain that my profile was set to 38Mbps simply because my tariff is called "Unlimited Fibre (Market 2/3)" and has no "Extra" in the name. Of course it's the same product as Unlimited Fibre Extra, and if the price had been looked at, that would have been obvious.

Although I'm in a market 1 area, I feel the same situation applies to my account.
Just to throw a little extra into the mix, the PN checker says that I'm pretty much at the speed limit of my line, however using checking tools on various other sites show that my line can support just under 60Mb.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Surely I should be on the "Extra" speeds

you could try the BT speedtest Further diagnostics and see what the IP profile is
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Surely I should be on the "Extra" product

You were provisioned on the 40/10 service because your original estimate upon sign up was 35mbps.
I've placed you a order to move you onto 80/20 which will complete tomorrow however  I can't guarantee that you'll get a huge improvement.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Essexlad
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew.
Will report back with the difference Smiley
Essexlad
Dabbler

Well, the download speed has gone up by about 15Mb and the upload speed is roughly double what it was Smiley
Just after original installation:

Recent average:

Todays:

So not as fast as when first installed but I guess thats crosstalk as more people have been added to the cabinet - we were one of the first to get fibre installed in the area.