cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supposedly on Fibre Extra, but still connecing as ADSL...

FIXED
LordFox
Rising Star

Supposedly on Fibre Extra, but still connecing as ADSL...

I've had the email from PN saying my product change (from ADSL) is complete and I'm now on Fibre Extra. My Account says the same.

However, when I reboot my modem, it still connects as ADSL and not VDSL. If I disable the ADSL profile, I get no connection. Although, I can't guarantee my VDSL profile works; I've set it up as shown on Kitz though so if that's right, it should work. It's the Zyxel VMG8324.

Should I still be able to connect as ADSL if I've been changed over to fibre? If not, then I clearly haven't, but if that is normal, then I need to troubleshoot my VDSL config.

6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Supposedly on Fibre Extra, but still connecing as ADSL...

Fix

If you can use ADSL then you have definitely not been switched over.

Unfortunately Plusnet seem to be sending out this "You have been upgraded" emails very, very early. Indeed upto 2 weeks to early in some cases. I would get on the phone and get them to confirm the date that you will be switched to FTTC.

There is a thread here https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/fibre-broadband-still-same-speed-as-standard-broadband... where others have been mentioning this issue too.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
LordFox
Rising Star

Thank you for confirming that; it's as I suspected. Today is the supposed change-over that I was told when I telephoned to arrange it. Maybe... it's still early yet. Might give PN a call though to check.

At least it gives me time to fully check out my new router setup and firewalling. That only arrived yesterday (Mikrotik, not the door stop from PN).

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Good luck, hope it happens today for you.

And would be interesting to hear how the Mikrotik works out for you, once you've had it for a while.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately it looks like your order is actually due to complete on 13/07/16 Undecided

I see you've posted in another thread regarding the confirmation emails being sent out early on fibre upgrades. I've added yours to the list of examples that I'll be sending off later today.

Thanks for your patience. Apologies for any confusion caused by the email.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
LordFox
Rising Star

Well, thanks for letting me know, at least. I'll stop checking my connection and looking down the road for the BT van.

If you could add to the examples the fact that I was definitely told it would be live today, when I agreed to move my phone line over to PN etc.

If what the salesman meant was that I'll be billed from today, that's not what he said and it should have been made clear.

I don't mind the little extra wait as such, or wouldn't if I had been told that up front.

Let's just hope it does happen on the 13th... good thing I'm not superstitious!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@LordFox wrote:
I was definitely told it would be live today, when I agreed to move my phone line over to PN etc.

Just to clarify where this confusion appears to be coming from.

When we placed an order we pick a date (Generally we just leave this for the earliest possible lead time) so it's likely you were told the date selected at this stage. This is unfortunately also the date that has been being confirmed by automation recently.

Following order placement, it can take around 24 hours for the order to reach a committed state, which is the actual date the order is due to complete.

I hope it all goes well on the 13th for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet