Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Fibre - No DSL light

StuartUK35
Grafter

Support for Fibre - No DSL light

How does support for Fibre work Huh
Is it a case of, call the Support number....
Let the guy read a script, you jump through hoops following his script, knowing its a complete waste of time...
Wait for him/her to scratch his/her head...
Then have the fault passed to the 2nd Tier....
Then jump through more pointless hoops, reboot 100 times and still see the green flashing light on the modem as it tries to lock onto a signal, which it wont do.
Then the support guy raises a fault with OpenReach, and after 1 week over the Xmas period, I might get Fibre back, if someone bothers to look at the local cabinet ?
Is that the usual routine with fibre support calls ?
Or is there a way to make PlusNet listen, be Pro-Active and investigate a line fault ?
6 REPLIES 6
tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: Support for Fibre

You can short circuit a lot of the hoop jumping by doing it as part of a fault report here:
https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults
That will take you through the hoop jumping, and then if not resolved will raise a fault ticket - by far the best way of dealing with plusnet in my opinion.
StuartUK35
Grafter

Re: Support for Fibre

I'll give it a go, but my guess is, no Internet over Xmas Sad
I went home at lunch time, as it appears you cant raise fault calls unless you are at home (what a joke)..
The modem has no DSL light, which means it cant get a signal from Cabinet/Exchange, etc etc etc....  It has Power & Lan light.  I did a reset of the unit, after that, the modem Power light goes off after 10 seconds for a split second, then back on again...
So I am told as expected, it has to goto Tier 2 support, which means someone looks at it next week.... I guess they then say it needs to goto OpenReach, which takes another week, for them to say you either need a new modem or there is a fault at the cabinet, which is another week....
My teleline check = perfect, no issues, no noise.
My estimate, I will have Fibre back by the 14th of January.
If by chance it comes back before the 10th January, i'll donate £100 to a local charity.
Not impressed with this, paying for a service I don't receive (the broadband, not the support).
And the link you sent (cheers anyway Smiley  )   doesn't work, as when you submit at the end, I get this:
Error
Sorry, An error occurred whilst processing your request.
The error has been recorded and our website team will investigate. Please try again later.
----------------------
My guess:  I need a new modem, and don't need an engineer to take it out of a box and plug into the wall.  How long before PlusNet call openreach and ask them to send me a modem ????Huh
** Further reading, would appear I have a faulty modem, as mine is from Sep 2011, the early modems......  I have read other people have the issue where the power light cycles every 10 seconds.  All those users have had there modems replaced and services resumed **
So, I need a new modem, anyone live in Cardiff who has a spare VSL modem they want to sell for £10 ?! Smiley Smiley
StuartUK35
Grafter

Re: Support for Fibre - No DSL light

Any updates from PN ?Huh
*removed by me*
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

maybe you need to adjust the attitude you take when logging incidents.
you seem to have a "i know it all, and i certainly know more than you lowly tech support pleb" attitude.
when people have an attitude like that then it's more often that not that you'll get the bare minimum help that is required to be given, rather than someone going out of their way to be helpful.
food for thought?
oh and i look forward to seeing that £100 donation being made.
StuartUK35
Grafter

I'll donate the £100 to you, you can use it for books on education, not tech stuff, am talking books on "customer service", and "receive the service you pay for", and "equal customers", etc etc.
My attitude is warrantied, as when 2 users report the same thing, and 1 user is publicly told his problem will be resolved today, and the other gets fobbed at first, then 2nd fault report, gets told the fault will be unlooked at until Monday next week, then assigned to 'OR' for them to book in an engineer to unbox a modem, yes, I think I have the right to show attitude.
A simple solution, is to apply the same fix to me, as the other end user.
Another simple fix is escalation, as the process needs to be passed to PN's supplier, rather than wait till next Monday to pass it over, do it now.
If my issue was PN related, then I understand I have to wait for PN to resolve, but as I said at 09:30 Yesterday to PN staff my issue is either a faulty modem or issue at the cab, which in turn is for 'OR' to deal, then I show attitude as it is not passed to them, and I receive no updates, etc.
And no, I don't know it all, I'm a customer, I just report the issues.
However, this thread needs no reply, my situation will be resolved later, as with anything, money talks.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

certainly sounds like a "know it all".... but hey your issue is getting resolved, and if before january 14th then a charity will be £100 better off.
if you wish to send it to me though then i'll happily pass it on to a charity of your choice.