Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superfastastrophe!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Superfastastrophe!

Sorry about the lack of response on here. I've been on other workflows [Facebook/Twitter].

I passed the fault report back to our suppliers yesterday and checking for updates now, they've passed it back to Openreach now to further investigate. They don't usually raise a non-appointed task unless they've found a potential issue.

So fingers crossed! We should receive more info over the next 24-72 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BaaMoo
Dabbler

Many thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
BaaMoo
Dabbler

Got an e-mail from Plusnet today.  Good to know that they arn't having as much trouble taking my money as I am having getting a quality service.

Tongue

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We’ll make sure you’re fully refunded for the time your service is in fault, once it’s resolved. Smiley
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BaaMoo
Dabbler

Splendid. You guys rock.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looking at the fault report with BT, this was investigated by the Openreach service management team and they've tested your service remotely and found no fault.

As it doesn't look like it's been seen by an engineer I've sent the fault report back to BT to investigate further. It's likely we may need to arrange a visit but we'll let you know when we have more info.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BaaMoo
Dabbler

Thanks for the update.  

I'm currently getting 30/16, so it's not a terrible at the moment although it falls short of what I've seen when I test in the middle of the night.  You are the expert but when I experience slower (e.g. 3.4/18.2 at 1920) speeds at peak time and fast speeds (e.g. 74.3/18.7 at 0246), it says to me that my own connection is just fine and the problem is throughput from the cabinet/exchange.  Unless of course the firmware on my Hub One has the nocturnal performance feature and I've not turned it off. I'm not expecting the moon on a stick, I know there can be a drop in speeds at certain times.

I'd be delighted to hear how it could be something else that just looks like throughput.

It was a duck before and now it's morphed into an elephant in a room.  

Euraka!!! I've just realised all the other cabinets on my exchange have the Accepting Orders sticker and my cabinet (5) doesn't, I feel such a fool, I walk passed it every day.  It's missing it's go faster stripe!

I'll keep assaulting you with my attempts a comedy until it's fixed!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Euraka!!! I've just realised all the other cabinets on my exchange have the Accepting Orders sticker and my cabinet (5) doesn't, I feel such a fool, I walk passed it every day.  It's missing it's go faster stripe!

That's surely the problem right? Cheesy

I'll keep assaulting you with my attempts a comedy until it's fixed!

I hope it's fixed soon Roll_eyes

We'll let you know once we have more info Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BaaMoo
Dabbler

Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

That fibre cabinet looks about right for BT.
Nearly wet myself when is saw ISH lol
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like you've spoken to one of my colleagues from the complaints team earlier today and we've got an engineer visit booked in for you tomorrow. Your case handler will follow up afterwards.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BaaMoo
Dabbler

Thank you for the update. It may be premature but things do appear to be improved. I've been advised that the engineer visit should still proceed.
Things are progressing well now.

Thanks
Richard
BaaMoo
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf,

Openreach engineer came today but found no fault.  My service has been excellent since about yesterday lunchtime.  Thanks for your help in progressing this problem and for tolerating my gags.  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, happy to hear you're up to speed Cheesy

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet