cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super slow fibre speed

dafzthomas

Super slow fibre speed

Hi there,

I usually get a good 50Mb on my iPhone, but recently it’s only been 20-30Mb download. And this morning checked again and it’s an appalling speed if you see my attachment. What’s going on with my speed? The upload is fine as you can see.

Thanks,

Dafydd.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Super slow fibre speed

Welcome to the Forums @dafzthomas, what results do you get when doing a speed test from a Wired PC?

dafzthomas

I checked and it was much faster and 50+Mb on a desktop wired. BUT, I rechecked my iPhone after and find attached the results.

Did plusnet hear me coming and temporarily pump my speed? 🤔
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dafzthomas - I think it may be more to do with timing than anything else. The world and their wives are using wireless for everything these days, from toasters to phones, and as a result the WiFi band can be quite congested.

I suggest that you download an network diagnostics tools for your phone so you can see what is happening around you. I can't recommend an App as I don't even have a mobile phone never mind an iPhone. But someone else will come along and suggest something.

As an aside, have you separated your 2.4 from your 5.0GHz bands within your router? This can make a big difference in WiFi performance and is well worth doing if you've not done so already.

dafzthomas

I’ll give that a go! Yeah that’s true everything is using similar bands it’s annoying 😂