Did you mean: 

Suggestions / is this normal

FIXED
moansalot13
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Suggestions / is this normal

Help

while checking out hub stats etc - spotted the following (plusnet Hub one)

image 1 shows hub home page with connected devices - nil

image 2 shows network connections - 1 connection on lan port ie this lap top which connected by ethenet to hub

question is why is it not showing up on hub home page as a connected Ethernet device ?  any ideas or am i worrying about nothing

cheers in advance

12 REPLIES 12
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Suggestions / is this normal

Both images show nothing connected. 

Where do you see a pic lan connected?

moansalot13
Rising Star

pic 2 shows lan 4 a connection  at 100 mbps   admittedly no description / mac address etc

lan 1-3  nothing 

Lappy is connected to lan port 4 on router

moansalot13
Rising Star

FOR INFO - I just replaced the plusnet one hub with a BTHH 5 which i had in reserve 

hh5   home page is correctly showing a network connection  on ethernet ( not doing this on plusnet hub) 

and on network connections it is also showing a lan connection  on port 4 with mac address ( though device is shown as  unknown - again showing more info than plusnet hub) 

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

Fix

Try doing a factory reset on the Hub One. Paperclip in the little hole in the back, keep it pressed in until the lights stop changing.

moansalot13
Rising Star

Thanks i'll try that

moansalot13
Rising Star

Reset the plusnet hub one

it's now picking up network connected devises correctly  - many thanks for your suggestion / tip

Mustrum
Community Veteran

That does not mean something is attached. Just suggests you are on an older version of software, or perhaps it's a HH4 !

moansalot13
Rising Star

hi back on Plusnet hub one

after the reset it's picking up the network connections now ( it was working previously  - though not showing the info) 

The hub software is stating it was updated on 1/10/16  so I'm assuming this is latest version  - however what is slightly concerning is that it was apparently an automatic/remote update -  I received the hub mid August and I have not instigated any  software update ( unless i did it in my sleep) to the best of my knowledge.

Anyone know if there is an auto update setting that can be turned off in the hub - not keen on the auto update functionality

Assistance / guidance appreciated

cheers

moansalot13
Rising Star

Apologies 

Temporary hub was definitely a BT HH5 version A - it wasn't that hub I was having issues with  - refer post a few moments ago

Mustrum
Community Veteran

Both BT and PN hubs get automatically updated centrally from time to time, nothing you can switch off unless you put some other software on it.

So all in all, nothing to worry or moan about, the original router just forgot the name of your pic, or it was switched off - a reboot from time to time if you see a problem cures many issues..

bobminors
Aspiring Pro

@moansalot13 wrote:

The hub software is stating it was updated on 1/10/16  so I'm assuming this is latest version  - however what is slightly concerning is that it was apparently an automatic/remote update -  I received the hub mid August and I have not instigated any  software update ( unless i did it in my sleep) to the best of my knowledge.

All the Hub Ones got an automatic firmware update around the end of last month - you should now be on version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226

It's benign.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to bobminors as per message #5.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still