cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden loss of quality after giving notice

gingerland

Sudden loss of quality after giving notice

About 2 weeks ago, I decided to change provider and move away from Plusnet. The quality of my service has been fine but since the day they received notice of my leaving, the quality of my fibre connection has been diabolical. Internet keeps dropping and running slow. TV keeps buffering as does Youtube. This is across all devices. Running many test on Speedtest.net, shows this. This is very disappointing.

Now the conspiracy theorists amongst us.........

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Sudden loss of quality after giving notice

@gingerland wrote:
Now the conspiracy theorists amongst us.........

Will no doubt rush to support the theory that it's all a deliberate plot to frustrate you in your final days. Presumably Plusnet do this to ensure that you will never return to their fold?

Me, I'm a coincidence theorist....

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Sudden loss of quality after giving notice

Sorry to hear you're leaving us.

Our tests aren't finding the cause of the issues you're having:

Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 73.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Voice Line Test Result Pass

Are your devices connecting over WiFi or straight to the router using an ethernet cable?

If you're using WiFi, would you be able to try a wired connection? This will help narrow down where the problem lies. If your speed is OK that way, then it's likely the issue lies with the wireless signal and further help can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

If you're still having problems using a wired connection, please can you run a speed test at www.speedtest.btwholesale.com completing the further diagnostics?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet