cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden line speed drop, lots of errors and an interleaving of 1529.

chaoticmess
Grafter

Sudden line speed drop, lots of errors and an interleaving of 1529.

In a nut shell:

I’m not sure what’s happened but my internet connection has suddenly dropped its speed, was generating tons of errors and now has an interleaving number of 1529 whereas before it was turned off and was at 1. This has consequently doubled my latency/ping to the game I play.

More detail:

I noticed yesterday when i went to play my game that my usual latency had gone and doubled from 15-16ms to 30-32ms. Looking at my router stats I quickly saw where the problem was.

My SNR Margin had decreased from 8 to 6 on the download connection and interleaving had been turned on highlighted in my router by changing the stat number for it from a 1 to what was last night 1533.

I was also getting about 2000 HEC errors every refresh of my routers stats page along with lots of OH frame errors and both correctable and uncorrectable RS errors whereas before I generated very few OH frame and HEC errors over a long length of time. My connection speed had also decreased from 79xxxKbps to 60xxxKbps.

In an attempt to see if i could clear the line i disconnected it from and turned off the router, leaving it over night, only to turn it back on this morning to find my SNR Margin had dramatically gone up to 11.4 and next to no errors were being generated anymore but my download speed had decreased even more to 53xxxKbps and the interleaving amount was still at 1529. My ping is still also double what it was too thanks to the interleaving being enabled.

Clearly something has gone wrong. Can anyone advise me as to how to go about getting this fixed back to how it was please?

1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 69

Re: Sudden line speed drop, lots of errors and an interleaving of 1529.

Hi there, 

Diagnostics don't reveal any obvious problems but I do see the drop in speeds and increase in SNR so I'd rule out the checks here https://goo.gl/tu2WWu then get a fault reported at http://faults.plus.net 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team