cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden complete loss of internet

FIXED
tddwhite

Sudden complete loss of internet

Last night internet suddenly dropped. States is connected to router but no internet. Asks for further login details which takes me to hub manager- just tells me can't connect to broadband. Asks me to configure my hub (??) or reset it. Trying to sign in and configure the hub just tells me there's no internet. Resetting router doesn't help.

DSL connection. No landline to test. Line originally set up by engineer. Problem present on all devices. Present for over 12hrs now. No reply on the formal plusnet troubleshooter.

Any help/suggestions please?

Every now and then in the past I've had this problem for about a minute, but then it resolves by going on the hub manager.
9 REPLIES 9
Nobody

Re: Sudden complete loss of internet

Happened to me to.  Cut off around 05:30 on Friday morning.  The modem syncs, but not authenticating.  Swapped my own modem/router to the Openreach modem/Thomson router supplied, same thing.  Logged fault at 7am in the morning, called when home from work, no movement.  Agent added a couple of notes on my ticket. Informs me that the next update will be next Wednesday!

I'm reading a similar case on a business account that has been out for three weeks here https://community.plus.net/t5/Business/Concentrator-not-reachable/td-p/1339861

God knows how long it will take for Plusnet to fix my connection.   

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Fix

@tddwhite From what I can see you've got a incorrect password in your router which is stopping you from getting online. Can you try another reset?

@Nobody If you can PM me your username I'll get that looked into.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Nobody

PM'ed. Thanks, Matthew
tddwhite

Do you mean reset the hub manager password? Will this email me a new password?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@tddwhite If you reset it using the pinhole on the back that should get you online.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
tddwhite

Yes messing around with the hub manager passwords has sorted it thank you.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear it's sorted.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Nobody

Hi Matthew,

Did you have a chance to look at the fault on my line please?

Thanks
Keith67
Grafter

Hi,   Anyone like me in Glasgow area got complete loss of internet ?  I have done a Openreach modem reset and router rest and still nothing.