cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden change of latency/speed (BT change?)

ericgripp
Grafter

Re: Sudden change of latency/speed (BT change?)

Well looks like im buggered as I have an ECI modem that you have to connect a serial cable to the internals to unlock. Time to look for a new combined modem/router to remove the Openreach/PlusNet garbage.
Any ideas whats the best on market at the moment ?
JHewess
Grafter

You can pick up a Huawei Openreach modem for about £20 Inc postage from the usual auction site if that suits you. It can then be unlocked and upgraded to the latest firmware. There's links for the Howling Wolf one over on the Kitz website.
ericgripp
Grafter

Thanks JHewess ill stick to the other thread now I know updating the openreach modem isn't viable Smiley thanks for the suggestion.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

@pwatson - Can you tell me please what version of firmware you used to upgrade your HG612 that gave the big improvement in the graph above?
I have an HG612 coming and will be updating the firmware. I see you got good results with your HG612 firmware upgrade and I would like to replicate Smiley
Thanks in advance.
mlmclaren
Grafter

Sorry to butt in but the version your after is SP08
I can provide a link if required!
dick:quote
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Thanks mlmclaren - exactly the info I needed.
Can you provide the link please?
Thanks again.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Try here: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,14262.0.html ; Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Thanks w23 - and one final question, there are 3 files, I assume I want the last one (ending in '_webgui')? I assume that is the unlocked one with the gui, and the one ending in '_unlocked' is without the gui?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

<version>_webgui is identical to the unlocked build above with the web interface restored.
Wink
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

Thanks - just need to wait for the HG612 to arrive now!
mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: jafreer
Thanks mlmclaren - exactly the info I needed.

Smiley Glad I could Help  Smiley
dragon2611
Grafter

If anyone has trouble reaching the firmware recovery/upgrade page on the HG612 try disabling the antivirus/firewall and if it's ESET you seem to need to disable the filter driver in the network adaptor settings as well.
Also does anyone know how to force an unmodified HG612 to update?,
I put mine but on the line after the latency increased but the stupid thing is still running the old firmware from where it's been disconnected for ages.
Anyway managed to update the unlocked one in the end and latency/speed back to normal.