Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Speed Drop

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Sudden Speed Drop

Thanks for your reply Gandalf. Leaving as is definitely best then, most of the time its been a good connection (it's still a good connection and frankly still fast enough but I like speed in Broadband, which considering all connection speed is at the same light speed, is actually greater width).

I'm sure that if you offer faster one day I'll be more than keen to to take it up.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem @danludlow It’s good to see your connection is still working OK and there’s nothing wrong with wanting more speed. Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Hi Gandalf, Thursday morning and speed is still the same, has the reset been done?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @danludlow,

I'm sorry to hear that there's not been any improvements on your end of things. Having taken a look into this today, I can see the speed is the same, as you're reporting, but I'm also seeing that there's been a few more connection drops since we last reviewed the account. As this is the case, I feel the best course of action would be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. I've raised a response to this effect on your account via the open fault ticket, which can be viewed and responded to here.

Once you've had the chance to read and reply, please let us know and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Hi TheMightyAJ.

Thanks for your response. I tried to book an Engineer on the phone but it said you had a 55 minute delay.

I'd like to arrange an Engineer for tomorrow please, 08.30-13.00 if possible. Afternoon is also a reluctant possibility.

I have responded likewise on the Fault page you directed me to in the hope that one or the other gets seen quickly and an Engineer can be arranged.

danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Engineer Booked, got through on the phone.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @danludlow,

I'm glad to hear that this has been sorted out now. I've reviewed the account and fault and it appears to have been accepted without issue, so please let us know how the visit goes and we'll be happy to pick things back up from there.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

@TheMightyAJ Engineer visit yesterday, speed had increased a little overnight. Line tested good and no crackles during quiet line test (have had crackles at times on phonecalls). Engineer thinks it's likely an intermittent fault and so very hard to nail down. I have not noticed any problems in Strong wind so rain seems a possible culprit. He visually checked the O/H and saw no probs, so older copper in road duct getting flooded maybe.

Anyway, he didn't reset the Cabinet since the speed had improved and he thought would probably improve further. He was right, its at over 48Mbps this morning (at the PC, 53Mbps at the socket) which is higher than usual. Not sure that it will sustain that speed, it's higher than theoretical for distance from cabinet but maybe technology has improved?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @danludlow

Glad to hear that things are looking better.

If the speeds drop again let us know and we'll investigate further

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Any chance someone could translate this Email received from yourselves?

Your speed fault
--------
Hello Dan,

Account username: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

During the investigation of your reported fault we asked you to complete some steps to help us diagnose the problem. You have reported that you are unable to do so.

As such, we're unable to continue the investigation so have had to close the query.

This also means you will not have the right to leave your contract without paying any cancellation fees at the end of the 30 day period from the date you raised the fault, or the date we have set out in previous emails.

If you are still concerned about your speeds, please use our online speed tester at: http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/ (more info) and we have some advice on the things which can affect broadband speeds on our help pages.

Kind regards,

Plusnet Customer Support
https://www.plus.net

--
Plusnet plc
Registered Office: The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU
Registered in England no: 3279013
VAT No: 245 7193 48
Email reference: EPN0356

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @danludlow 

From what I can see this was automatically generated when you closed the fault ticket 196252961 online yourself as we hadn't marked the 'speed investigation' as resolved when we should have. I'd recommend ignoring the email.

Apologies for the inconvenience and confusion caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Gandalf, it didn't make any sense. ( does anything much in life these days? ^-) )

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Rarely! Cheesy

No problem, let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet