Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Drop In Speed (Download)

FIXED
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Sudden Drop In Speed (Download)

All the time I have been with Plusnet I have had a 'normal' internet speed for a 40/2 connection (average 37.6 and have speeds to 38 quite a few times), except for yesterday and today.

I have taken a screenshot of the fastest speed achieved over the last 2 days and attached. I have not changed any settings, the router (homehub1) did drop out yesterday and today and after todays drop, so did the speed, down to 8.20 but the upload speed hasn't differed. I have done the usual checks and looked for any faults yet all seems fine as far as I can tell and there are no issues in my area. Can anyone advise please? This is my first problem since joining Plusnet and all is usually fine.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
4 REPLIES 4
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Re: Sudden Drop In Speed (Download)

Addition to above post.

Had another dropout at about 10 past 6 this morning, did a speed test and result was 37.64. What's going on?

The only thing I can think of is that BTOR was fitting out 8 new builds about 50 yards from my back door on Sunday and was there all day. Could this be causing the drop-outs I'm now getting? By this, I mean upsetting something in the cabinet? The cables/wires for those new builds are underground to the buildings.

Reason for asking is that all has been working great up till then. The slow speed by the way in my first post was done wired, over wi-fi it was slower (down to 5.94), the speed this morning at 37.64 was done over wi-fi.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hello Pete.

Whilst testing your line is showing your router in sync at 40/2 still, we're picking up on a potential line fault which I've reported through to Openreach for you. We'll provide updates to this ticket once we have more info.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

@Gandalf

Thank you for looking at this and for getting back to me. 

Potential battery fault? If they need one, I have a spare AA somewhere and a 9 volt. Funny

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems Smiley

Potential battery fault? If they need one, I have a spare AA somewhere and a 9 volt. Funny

Haha Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet