cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Drop In Speed (Download)

dbrb22
Dabbler

Sudden Drop In Speed (Download)

Any idea what may have happened to cause this step change in achievable download rates: 

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Sudden Drop In Speed (Download)

Hi there,

I've just been looking into this but diagnostics don't indicate any obvious problems. Were you connected over WiFi or ethernet when you recorded those speeds? - Adam  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dbrb22
Dabbler

Hi,
Plugged into gig ethernet, directly into modem

No infrastructure changes

Tests automated, run approximately every hour (give or take 5 minutes)

Cheers
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @dbrb22,

Thank you for confirming.

After retesting the line, the sync rate has decreased below the estimated speeds. Before raising a fault could you kindly connect your router to the test socket. If the issue persists, please raise the fault and let us know when you have so we can look towards raising the issue with our suppliers.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
dbrb22
Dabbler

Hi,

I can't easily do that now (away with work) - however the VDSL connection is connected into screw terminals within the master socket, and the modem is the only device connected to the incoming line - there are no phones or extension sockets. None of this has changed for over a year. 

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

No problem @dbrb22,

This check is to lower the chance of a potential charge if an engineer visit is required. Feel free to raise the fault but please note if the issue is found to be caused by internal wiring a charge will be applied however, I do appreciate this is very unlikely from what you have explained.

If you raise the fault, please let us know and we will progress if for you.

Thanks again.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
dbrb22
Dabbler

Thanks - are you able to raise this on my behalf to openReach? If they need access to the premises this can be arranged, but not until next week

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm afraid we can't raise anything until a fault is raised as per the advice above

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team