Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substandard service moving from BT to Plusnet

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Substandard service moving from BT to Plusnet

Our suppliers advised us that all the available VLANs at the exchange are looking congested/running hot.

New infrastructure is planned to be added on the 23rd March (though this is estimated).

As the issue is on BT Wholesale equipment, all ISPs who use their services at your exchange would be affected.

I believe our suppliers are exploring all options they can, checking the VLANs out in greater detail to see if they can move your circuit to a cooler one. Ultimately, we might have to wait it out if their initial checks are correct and all the VLANs are hot.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chipxtreme
Dabbler

Very strange coincidence that this happens on the day you take over my line. To solve all this hassle I think you should just fit a real fibre optic 1gbps line to my house free of charge.

To add insult to injury the electric had to get switched off earlier today to get some electrical work done and now its only synching at 51.97mbps, which is just over a quarter speed loss! To say i'm [-Censored-]ed off is a complete understatement

http://mybroadbandspeed.speedtestcustom.com/result/7ed44970-0077-11e8-8b20-a36a97b51c0e

Speed test just now, slow again Sad

Faizan786
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Got same issue as you and @Bluejay5, hopefully solved soon. hang in there.

Lol, love the free 1gig idea, Yes please.

chipxtreme
Dabbler

Well just checked router stats and it must of done a router re-sync approx 8 hours ago and is now synching at 58.11, still slower than what i'm used to but highest so far with plusnet. Speed is currently ok, but its usually later on when it slows down and i'm about to go to work. Short shift tonight so will be no doubt still slow by the time I get back.

chipxtreme
Dabbler

Well they have finally sorted out my connection, slightly slower than BT - synching at 67.28mb so a loss of 2.2mb which i'm not happy about but its not a massive loss.

It was down to a hot VLAN apparantly and I've just called for compensation for my poor service I received as agreed previously when I was experiencing these issues. However the guy I spoke to today claimed that because I was synching (slightly) higher than the guaranteed minimum speed then they haven't broken any guarantee. The guy on the phone also denied any offer of compensation as plusnet do not give compensation.

Problem for you guys is my phone records all calls and backs them up to my dropbox. I've got a call dated January 22nd at 11.15 in the morning when the issue was explained to me and given an estimated fix of March 23rd, which luckily was repaired before then as i'd be tearing out what little hair I have at this point. Right at the end of the call I was told I would be refunded the money I have paid for the time there was a fault on my line.

You need to honour this before it goes further.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf wrote:

Our suppliers advised us that all the available VLANs at the exchange are looking congested/running hot.

New infrastructure is planned to be added on the 23rd March (though this is estimated).

@chipxtreme,

Are you reporting VDSL synch speeds here or data throughput speed tests?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.