cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-guaranteed ethernet speeds, high ping, can't load sites

nino4jj

Sub-guaranteed ethernet speeds, high ping, can't load sites

As the title states, I have been receiving sub-guaranteed speeds, consistent fluctuation and high ping in games and at times I can't even load simple websites and videos. I have already created two complaints through Plusnet's fault checker and they have both said that the speeds are fine and there are no faults. If this is the case on their end, then why have I had this problem for over a month. I have done speed tests on multiple devices, both wired and wireless and both tests return sub-guarantee speed tests.

My broadband also sometimes drops at random times, showing a flashing orange light on the router. The drop will usually occur for 2-5 minutes. Really annoying as everything is online now due to covid-19.

I have tried all the troubleshooting to no avail.

My previous fault report ended with them saying they would reset something on their side, I'm sure an admin could check this. But honestly, it's probably made the signal worse...

My most recent question number is #207252452

I have attached 2 speed tests, taken just before this post when the internet is hardly being used and there is likely little traffic on the line. Bear in mind my GUARANTEED minimum speed is 42.1Mb. I would be fine with around this, however this is just too far.

2 REPLIES 2
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Sub-guaranteed ethernet speeds, high ping, can't load sites

Sounds like there’s definitely an issue despite what you’ve been told. On one of the fault tickets you’ve raised, has the faults adviser added a copy of their test results? Copy and paste the results here if so, redacting any account info.

Also have you tried plugging your router into the test socket https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

nino4jj

Re: Sub-guaranteed ethernet speeds, high ping, can't load sites

I have attached a copy of the GEA Test they sent me. Looks like everything is 'fine' on their end, however, clearly I am nowhere near these speeds.

I will try the test socket troubleshoot tonight, what kind of results am I expecting? A faster speed? If this happens, does that mean there is a problem with my socket or my microfilter?

Fault.JPG