Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on old speed profile

FIXED
mrpeplow
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Stuck on old speed profile

Hello, i've moved house and have upgraded my internet to upto 80mbit but i seem to be stuck on my old 40mbit profile from my old house.

Is it possible for one of you helpful Plusnet staffers to press the right buttons and get me on an 80mbit profile?

Thanks Smiley

15 REPLIES 15
mrpeplow
Dabbler

Re: Stuck on old speed profile

This is what my line looks like

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 18.34.22.png

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Yes it looks like they haven't upgraded your service when you moved.Roll_eyes

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mrpeplow,

I'm sorry that you were placed on the wrong connection profile following your house move order. I've checked your account and can see that you have now discussed this with our customer support team and that they've placed the modify order to move you onto the correct 80/20 profile. This order should complete within 48 hours - if you don't see an increase in your speed after that time, please reboot your router.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
mrpeplow
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately a week later i'm still stuck on a 40mbit profile Sad (tried rebooting router)

I was told this is BTs fault not plusnets Undecided

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

I guess you spoke to someone at plusnet support  what was the reason given for the upgrade not happening ?

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @mrpeplow,

I've taken a look into this issue today and raised a new ticket update via your account, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
mrpeplow
Dabbler

Thanks a lot! that seems to of got things moving, I rebooted my router this morning and can see my upload has doubled and my download has increased slightly.

I take it the DLM process will need to complete again before I get full speed?  (So i shouldn't turn my router off too often)   

Capture.JPG    

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've taken a look at the line for you. The testing platform that we use shows that the line is banded at "0.128M-40M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off". Now this is obviously of out date, so ideally, I think we should wait for this record to update itself, see if the downstream is indeed banded (and if so, to what level) and then we can have Openreach remove it.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
mrpeplow
Dabbler

Thank you for your help, how long does it normally take for the line records to update?

Cheers

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hi @mrpeplow, it should have updated by now but won't necessarily impact your speed as you're in sync at 75mb. If you are having issues though, please let us know as we may have to send it off to our suppliers.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mrpeplow
Dabbler

Ah thanks for the update, if my modem is now syning at 75mb i'd considered that problem solved!

I'll check it tonight once I get back from work.

Thanks for your help 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

OK great, let us know how you get on Smiley

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
mrpeplow
Dabbler

Things are looking much better now. My speed tests are consistently 70.5mbit, I was hoping for a bit more, but 70mbit is acceptable.

Can I ask if my connection is banded or not? 

Capture.JPG

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I've checked your connection and you're not banded as your profile is "0.128M-80M Downstream 5dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off"

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team