Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on 2Mb Upload - PN cannot resolve after a week

FIXED
akankali

Stuck on 2Mb Upload - PN cannot resolve after a week

Long painful story

On 6 March signed up to a cheaper 40Mb package as I only get 25Mb down. After I signed up I checked the Up speed with the package and found it was only 2Mb. I called PN and cancelled the change as I get 3.5Mb up and I need that for work. I went back to the 80/20 package.

The next day I kept getting text messages. I called again, they confirmed it hadn't been cancelled properly, and they cancelled it again.

On 14th March PN changed my phone number and switched me to the 40/2 BB package.

I called on the 15th and after much hassle I arranged to have the phone and BB reinstated.

Although the phone was changed back, the BB always sync at exactly 2001 Up. PN insist it isn't capped. I disagree.

Help! Modem stats attached.

16 REPLIES 16
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Stuck on 2Mb Upload - PN cannot resolve after a week

The maximum data rate figure confirms it is capped.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

You are on a 40/2 package. PN do not provide the higher package unless your download is capable of supporting higher than 40Mbps.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Run the BT speedtester ignoring all the text in red, then do the further diagnostics and see what it gives for the upstream profile.

It does look like it's on 40/2, but you can't quite be sure from only looking at the line rate and max attainable rate. Interleaving can cause a large difference between the max and actual line rates.

akankali

Thanks for all the replies.

Speedtest results attached

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Yes, you're definitely on 40/2 shown by the Upstream Rate IP profile being 2 Mbps.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

Yet another customer for whom the 55/10 product would be perfect if Plusnet offered it.

@akankali

Your best bet would be to move to BT or another ISP that does offer the 55/10 or 40/10 options.

akankali

@jelv

Like many I have been with PN for many years. I have stayed because the customer services was way better than BT, TT & Sky.

Given my recent experience I find the Customer Service has gone down hill. Too much "it's not my dept", they don't seem to know what they are doing, and sometimes just plain rude.

After they cut me off they told me I had to sign up for another 18 month contract to get my old phone number back!

TBH I do not mind paying the premium for the 80/20 product - but if I am paying for that I expect them to give me that. From what I can see they have moved my contract back onto that but are now charging me more. I look forward to raising a ticket on that when the first bill comes!

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"PN do not provide the higher package unless your download is capable of supporting higher than 40Mbps."

So why was the o.p. able to have the 80/20 package when they only get a 25mb/s download? They should not have been offered that in the first place if what you say is correct.

kankali
Grafter

I can confirm I have been on the 80/20 package for years despite my poor download speed. I need the extra upload the 80/20 package gives.

All I want is to be restored to my original package after they incorrectly switched me

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @akankali I am really sorry to hear of your speed problems. Having looked into your account and I can see you were provisioned incorrectly, on the 40/2 package during the transition to our new network.

I have placed a modify order now to move the product back to 80/20. This should complete tomorrow. Once again, I sincerely apologise for this and that my colleague that worked your fault ticket had not identified this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jelv
Seasoned Hero

@Anoush

If he has been on 40/2 since he was moved to the new network he is due for compensation for the months he has been on a lower service but paying for 80/20.

kankali
Grafter

@Anoush

What really really annoys me is I have been telling your staff this for the last week. I have been treated like an Idiot and told that I was on 80/20 already.

The only time this seems to get action is when you get shamed on the community.

Please see the screenshot below.

Perhaps you want to fix my charging - you are charging me more that what I was paying before.

All in all an utter failure of customer service.....which is still not fully resolved

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed from attachment as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal email removed from the attachment in a public forum

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@akankali - I sincerely apologise for the problems, I'm in the process of passing on feedback to all involved. I'm also in the process of figuring out what's going on with your account. I'll contact you with a gesture of goodwill shortly.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for your time on the phone @akankali

Once more, please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you've been through. I believe I've resolved this now and I don't foresee any issues moving forward. I've also updated the ticket on your account.

Please feel free to let me know if you do have any questions or further issues.