cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at 2 Mbps downstream

colinb
Dabbler

Stuck at 2 Mbps downstream

I've been having some connection issues over the last few months due to a line fault - wet weather has been producing extreme noise/crackling on the line, which causes the broadband connection to drop. I raised this with plusnet and arranged an engineer visit some weeks back, but to cut a long story short he came during dry weather when the line was OK, and said there was nothing he could do to find where the water ingress was. The weather has been pretty decent since then and my broadband had been running around it's usual speed, but last week there was some heavy rain which brought down the connection for several periods. Since then my downstream has been stuck at only 2Mbps. I don't think it's a profile issue since according to the BT speedtest the profile for my line is 14.47 Mbps.
Could you look into this for me please?
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Stuck at 2 Mbps downstream

You'll need to raise a new fault: http://faults.plus.net
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
colinb
Dabbler

My post was a bit unclear, sorry. I know I'll need to raise another ticket to try and get the recurring line problem sorted, but in the meantime I was hoping the profile for my connection could be fixed. The BT speedtest lists my profile as 14.47Mbps but https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed shows the speed locked to 2.1Mbps at plusnet's end. In the past such issues were sorted by forum support.. or are things different now and a ticket needs to be raised?
EDIT: All sorted now, thanks.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Forum staff would still fix the problem. However I suggest trying the chat service. They are available until 9pm.
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@colinb,
I've just been performing some diagnostics. Whilst tests on the line itself are passing, tests more relevant to broadband show that an engineer visit is needed.
Bear with us and our faults guys will be updating your ticket soon with more info about that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team