Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck Profile

Temple1970
Dabbler

Stuck Profile

Here's my issue.
I've been with Plusnet for two years using the fibre (VDSL2). I've read many forums and understand the technology, how it works and how it's delivered. X BT and have transmission experience and am having massive issues getting Plusnet staff to correctly manage my point.
I use a third party router, AVM Fritz!box 3390, brilliant piece of kit, excellent stats page. This has been connected fault free to my old address with an 17a 80/20 profile (sync rate 79999/19999), carrier record A43.From my stats page I observed attainable rates of 85 down and 35 up. SN margin of 7 and 8 db. My distance from the DSLAM and PCP was no more than 100 yards of aluminium. Throughput never below 74/18. happy 🙂
I moved four months back, advised Plusnet of my new address and they gave an maximum throughput rate of 59/14. This wasn't so bad, not moving to Virgin as they're imbeciles I also like my own kit and have a static IP address.
On the day the fibre was swung, I connected up and to my joy I synchronised at 69/20. After disconnecting to install my UPS and moving my modem, to my greater joy my profile bumped up to 80/20, my attainable rate was somewhere around 82/22.
My connection remained consistent until I upgraded my routers firmware. This initially didn't cause an issue but, every few days my SN margin would drop and I'd reboot. Not an issue as my profile did not change. AVM advised me to default the router. I did. Reboots stopped profile stayed at 80/20 attainable rates shot up to 87/23 SN margin 9 and 8. Nice. Not bad for 600 yards of 50 year old copper (I know the local infrastructure, know my local PCP, ducting routes and DP as I've worked on it)
Two days later bad weather, multiple reboots and profile dropped to 74/20 (739999/19999) and I lost 10Mbps from my throughput. This has not bumped back up and although not the end of the worlds, it's frustrating.
I've contacted Plusnet now at least 15 times and I'm now beginning to consider their staff to be incompetent.
They simply can't grasp the fact that although the BT fibre prediction tool states my line is only capable of 59Mbps that in fact it has operated at full speed, is capable of considerably more and don't count this as a fault. it's a line prediction tool not an absolute. Hence prediction!
The ticket raised has been bouncing back and fourth. I managed to get one member of staff with knowledge of the issue (thanks Phil Krouse)  but then the ticket gets passed to someone else who passes the buck and says it's working as it should.
Has anyone had a similar issue and knows how to get the profile banding/capping removed?
The connection has been stable for weeks so I'm presuming DLM is either stuck or manually set to sit at or below 73999/19999
Yours, frustrated Temple :-0