Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck Profile....Plusnet staff please look

FIXED
jester212
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Stuck Profile....Plusnet staff please look

Can a Plusnet staff member please fix this if possible...

Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 10.13.40.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-08 at 10.15.43.png

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

8 REPLIES 8
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Stuck Profile....Plusnet staff please look

Plusnet have no control over the BTW Profile that is set automatically by DLM,  you will need to raise a fault if the speed has fallen below your Estimate range and Plusnet can look into sending a Engineer out.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

It looks like you've since called in and we've raised the speed profile for you, everything working OK?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jester212
Dabbler

Hi,

Yeah i spoke to a Plusnet rep via chat and he confirmed there was an issue your side and he raised the profile. However it is still showing the same profile and the speed is still down, but my router is synced at 79/20

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I looked back at one of your earlier posts, you mentioned switching to an Asus modem/router. That's probably the reason for the BT IP Profile not updating. Which Asus model? Does it have the latest firmware?

jester212
Dabbler

@ejs wrote:

I looked back at one of your earlier posts, you mentioned switching to an Asus modem/router. That's probably the reason for the BT IP Profile not updating. Which Asus model? Does it have the latest firmware?

Hi,

I purchased the Asus DSL-AC68U. However i am using the firmware that came with it, due to the fact that when i updated to the latest firmware it caused a huge amount of CRC errors. When i reverted back they ceased. I had raised a fault report with Plusnet and they agreed i had a huge amount of CRC errors. When i did a bit of research it was found that the firmware was to blame. My connection was tested and found to be fine and was syncing at 79/20 and stable. However on btwholesale speedtest it confirms the IP profile for my line is set at 64Mbps. This is probably a result of the CRC errors and then my sync speed being brought down. This is now back up to 79/20 and no CRC errors.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Fix

Here is one of the previous threads on the issue:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Sync-profile-issues-with-non-Openreach-modem/m-p/13010...

I believe the problem is with the Asus, and I don't know of any solution, besides getting rid of the Asus.

jester212
Dabbler

Thanks for the update. I will plug in the Plustnet Hub and see if that changes anything

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

jester212
Dabbler

Thank you for everyone's input. Seems the Asus router was the cause of the problem. I plugged the Plusnet Hub in and everything is as it should be. IP profile is correct along with my speed. Thanks again