cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to sync after a router reboot (Fritz!Box 7490)

kitz
Aspiring Pro

Re: Struggling to sync after a router reboot (Fritz!Box 7490)

Draytek have admitted defeat with G.INP on the 2850/2750 Sad

DrayTek's very earliest VDSL2 products (The Vigor 2850 and 2750, sold until 2013) are not upgradable to SIN498 compliance as the chipsets do not have the capability to support some of the new requirements.
For those users, if you wish to upgrade to a compliant model, we have provided an upgrade scheme here.

ejs is probably best advising which chipset is in what as I cant remember off the top of my head.

djbenson
Grafter

@bobpullen to the rescue Thumbs_Up

There's a Hub One winging its way to my house so hopefully that will sort things out once and for all, at least then any further issues I have the ISP-approved hardware to hand Smiley

In the meantime, I eagerly await AVM's response to my email. I'm still completely at a loss why my connection has gone from being ultra-stable to flaky over the last couple of weeks with no changes on my part, especially now that I've discovered my cabinet is manufactured by Huawei and should be fine with G.INP (and has been for months).

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

@djbenson, could you post an image of your DSL spectrum when connected, there might just be a clue there if something is amiss.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
djbenson
Grafter

Spectrum.png

simoncraddock
Grafter

Your missing tones compared to mine

Capture.JPG

djbenson
Grafter

You'll need to explain that one for me Wink

simoncraddock
Grafter

You'll need to explain that one for me

I'd need someone to explain to me first lol

simoncraddock
Grafter

Message from AVM FRITZ.

We are currently actively working with the BT to ensure the proper functioning of the FRITZ!Box.

Blunt reply lol
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Blunt but reassuring (good that they are actually working with BT)  Smiley

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
djbenson
Grafter

Completely different response to what I got - which was basically "there is no known incompatibility with BT/Plusnet and if there is, it's because BT aren't following the VDSL standards" was the short version.

kitz
Aspiring Pro

I'd need someone to explain to me first lol

The Yellow graph is your downstream true SNR per tone.
The Blue graph shows the number of bits loaded per tone.

These 2 graphs should roughly mirror each other.
Tones loaded should follow the band set for ITU Tone set A43/A43c

The dip up to tone 255 in D1 is quite normal. That's due to Power Cut Back.. or more specifically PSD shaping to avoid crosstalk with ADSL lines.

I can see from @djbensons SNR graph that he is some distance from the cabinet. This reflects in his bit loading which has completely faded out by the end of D2.

Simon is nearer the cab and he is making full use of the VDSL2 spectrum, however his SNR starts to fade near the end of D3 with some tones only managing to load 1 bit.. Its therefore unable to achieve the full 80Mbps.
No Im not going to count the individual bitloaded tones to work out sync, but a rough guide is you need to have SNR at a min of ~22dB & bitloading of around 3-4 bits at the end of D3 to be able to load sufficient bits overall to get full 80Mbps.
Your dip at around tone 260 is a bit sharper than I'd expect but Im not going to go into that now - could be various reasons such as RFI.

djbenson
Grafter

Connection dropped again around 5am this morning and didn't come back up for two hours, my downstream speed is slowly being eroded, presumably by the constant disconnect/reconnect events.

And for the first time, my connection speed is dire. Just tried to do a speedtest (wired and wireless) and getting 95ms pings and the test fails.

djbenson
Grafter

I'm really struggling here Sad

I've taken photos to demonstrate what the CSR's are struggling to understand about my install. Firstly, I have an Openreach MK3 master socket, that has one ethernet port (YES! I'm certain it's ethernet!! Funny ) and one 431A (BT) socket.

An Openreach Mk3 SocketAn Openreach Mk3 SocketOne standard ethernet cableOne standard ethernet cableOne ethernet cable in the ethernet port of the ORMK3One ethernet cable in the ethernet port of the ORMK3

Prior to my connection falling on it's backside, my Fritz!Box used a unicable which split into two standard ethernet sockets, one went into the top socket (providing DSL) the other had an adapter (shown below) to down convert it RJ45 then 4into the UK telephone standard. This worked absolutely fine (so I'm certain the DSL signal is arriving at the top socket).

This is where the fun starts. The instructions show two types of master socket, neither of which match mine (which was installed > 12 months ago so isn't "new"). I followed the instructions to the letter and connected the hub to the RJ11 socket using the included filter, waited half an hour for auto provision to work...nothing. Entered my username and password manually, waited half an hour...nothing.

djbenson
Grafter

So now I start trying other options for connecting the hub. First up, ethernet down to RJ45...

RJ45 -> RJ11 adapterRJ45 -> RJ11 adapterRJ45 -> RJ11 adapterBTOMK3 -> RJ45 -> RJ11 -> PN Hub OneBTOMK3 -> RJ45 -> RJ11 -> PN Hub OneBTOMK3 -> RJ45 -> RJ11 -> PN Hub One

Waited half an hour...nothing.

Next up, the one I assumed would work as it was the same setup on my Fritz!Box - RJ45 from the master socket straight into the RJ45 port on the router...

BTOMK3 -> RJ45 -> RJ45BTOMK3 -> RJ45 -> RJ45BTOMK3 -> RJ45 -> RJ45

Another half hour wait...nothing.

Tags (2)
djbenson
Grafter

So all bases covered I think, and still no broadband. Starting to look like a more serious fault than customer own equipment now...

I've plugged the Fritz!Box back in and eagerly await it coming back online so at least I have some broadband today.

@bobpullen - sorry to harass you but is there anything you/I can do to get me some help from somebody who isn't going to question my knowledge of ethernet ports and messing around with the test socket?