cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming/Gaming/VoIP issues

JamieW24

Streaming/Gaming/VoIP issues

So I left EE Broadband mid August and went with plusnet, since then I have had issues streaming, online gaming and VoIP.  Having done a small amount of research I can see some others have had similar issues in the past.  I was hoping a quick win would be to get a static IP address (some people said it resolved their issues by forcing them on a different gateway).  This hasn't helped unfortunately.

So far I have done some traceroutes and pathping tests, I need to run some more to see if I can identify a single point of failure though.  I have setup a broadband quality monitor on think broadband and have attached the results so far.  ~90% packet loss.  Ignore the first chuck of loss, I had my router firewall blocking ICMP packets.

I am fishing for additional suggestions whilst I wait for a full 24hours worth of data.  Either staff or some that have deal with these issue with plusnet.

Cheers

Jamie

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
JamieW24

Re: Streaming/Gaming/VoIP issues

Some updated line quality stats attached.  Not looking good.  Seemed to have had 2 hours of normal service though Smiley 

JamieW24

No change, will be calling shortly.  If someone gets me to reboot my router though...... Grin

tflood
Grafter

I see no-one answered you. I have gaming VOIP issues. Did you find out what was wrong?